Blue Cruise Observations and Questions - It disengages

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Is this your experience?

So I've had BC now for a few weeks. Early access, OTA finally installed, on a first edition mme built 12/2020. I have a one-way 60 mile commute on two interstates, when I drive it, so I have plenty of observations. Of course I love it when it's on, and I've been very familiar with Ford's adaptive cruise since our 2015 Fusion Energi. On interstates when BC is available, it definitely disengages to hands-required in at least two instances that I can tell - and this happens to me about 10 times total during a one-way commute. Once I'm on the open road, it seems fine, but in the congested city-area, it disengages.

1. It seems to predict and disengage BEFORE one or more curves in the roadway where the curve is at a sharper angle. And it stays off when there will be another curve within a specific distance. After the one or more sharp curves, it reengages.

2. It also seems to disengage in areas previously known to be more narrow than others, then reengages when the road widens. This does NOT seem to apply when temporary construction narrows the road. It stays on then.

This is highly predictable and regular during my drive. For those in the PNW, it disengages the most on I-405. I usually travel the ENTIRE stretch of 405. There are many turns. This also happens on sharp turns on I-5 north of Seattle, like through through Shoreline.
Sponsored