Blue Cruise on the I-5 Golden State Freeway (Valencia to Burbank)?

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I have mixed results with Bluecruise, just had it serviced and it's better but still not up to par I think. By far the worst results are unfortunately most of my commute to the office.

Bluecruise is fine on the 5 from Valencia to about the top of the grade going south, then pretty much useless to Burbank. Occasionally it will work in Hands-on Mode, but not consistently. The drive north is also poor.

When I compare this to the Maverick, it will work virtually everywhere in a hands-on mode, which is the top mode that the vehicle offers. I would think the Mach e should do just as well, but it does not.

I just had the car at the dealer last week and they rechecked the system and recalibrated the front camera. Bluecruise now works better on some freeways than it did before. On the 405 it can now bring me from Carson up to the 118 pretty consistently. Other freeways are also good, not always great.

In theory, the hardware works right. Again, in theory, the Mach e should be just as reliable hands-on autosteer/LKA as my Maverick. Something doesn't add up.

Can anyone out there share their experiences in particular on the I-5 Golden State Freeway between say Calgrove and Western, or portions of that? If it works well for you, what time of day, what lane, and so on?

BTW - my Adaptive Cruise Conrol is FLAWLESS - it works 100% of the time, its the lanekeeping and lane identification that's not cutting it whether it be handsfree, hands on, or fully manual steering with lanes identified on the display. All sensors are clean and clear.

Its very frustrating when the premium system doesn't work but the cheap one on a similar vehicle works better. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I drive from Thousand Oaks to Hunting Beach and back every Saturday. Blue Cruise works well but there are about 25 curves where it reverts to "hands on". I believe that the maps have been hand curated and they've told it to turn off HF on those curves. It's the same exact ones each and every time. Maybe, over time, they'll correct the maps but I'm not holding my breath. Other than that I find BC hands free to work perfectly.

OP
OP
TTT

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Even when BC turns off on those curves I presume that it still functions in the hands on mode.
Sponsored