jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Omg I watch 4 mins and turned it off. Not sure why they hate of the system so much. I use it every day on 50/80 Sacramento area and it works flawless and takes curves. Trash video. IMO. Just another company taking smack. I drove 2 hours on 80 to Reno and it took every curve fast lol but never shut off. ?.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Omg I watch 4 mins and turned it off. Not sure why they hate of the system so much. I use it every day on 50/80 Sacramento area and it works flawless and takes curves. Trash video. IMO. Just another company taking smack. I drove 2 hours on 80 to Reno and it took every curve fast lol but never shut off. ?.
50 and 80 through Sacramento are fairly straight roads. 80 to Reno is long sweeping turns. I drive 50 daily. Take 99 through Stockton and it will cut off regularly. Take 5 through Patterson and it will cut off regularly. Take 580 through Castro Valley and it'll kill you if you don't pay attention.

Bluecruise is nothing more than a hands free version of what Audi and other mfgs have been putting out for 10 years. So for those who have used similar technology, like the guys in the video and myself, it's not all that and in some ways worse.

Even Sandy Munro, a former Ford engineer, said it needs a lot of help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boselka

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
Watching all the way through is actually helpful, one of the hosts was not a fan, but as they discussed how you approach the system and your expectations really impact your satisfaction with the system. If you come to BlueCruise expecting it to be a self driving system that will take over for you it probably sets you up for disappointment. If instead you look at it as a driving assistance system with limited capability to allow hands free operation then I think people would be more satisfied with the system.

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
i'm still waiting for it, but happy to let them refine it before i start.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
i'm still waiting for it, but happy to let them refine it before i start.

You may get it in 10 years ?

And to clarify, I don't think Musk is an idiot at all... Now the sheep who idolize him, that's another subject. Also to clarify, I'm not comparing FSD to BC ... It's just a joke about "next year".

Last edited:

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
You may get it in 10 years ?
Well I don't need (or want) FSD. I hate Interstate driving and am totally happy to have something that can only handle boring roads. Hopefully I can stop leaving a finger on the wheel later this year.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Well I don't need (or want) FSD. I hate Interstate driving and am totally happy to have something that can only handle boring roads. Hopefully I can stop leaving a finger on the wheel later this year.
I'm not comparing it to FSD AT ALL. I just thought the next year part was hilarious as that's basically what Ford did in 2021.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Bluecruise is nothing more than a hands free version of what Audi and other mfgs have been putting out for 10 years. So for those who have used similar technology, like the guys in the video and myself, it's not all that and in some ways worse.
I was really impressed with the ACC/LC when I first bought the MME. And I still like it, but now I realize that it really isn’t revolutionary at all. Isn’t the LC provided by just a single MobileEye camera on the windshield? A lot of different cars have that now. I’d consider it standard equipment for any new vehicles $40k and up. It really hit home when I was driving a dumpy little Hyundai rental car and realized it has the same tech - just without the fancy graphics.

All BC does is make that sorta hands free in limited geofenced stretches of divided highway. And hey, I think that’s a nice plus, don’t get me wrong. But I also don’t think this is as robust from a sensor-perspective as what Tesla offers, or any Great Leap Forward in driver assistance tech.

OP
OP
Boselka

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I was really impressed with the ACC/LC when I first bought the MME. And I still like it, but now I realize that it really isn’t revolutionary at all. Isn’t the LC provided by just a single MobileEye camera on the windshield? A lot of different cars have that now. I’d consider it standard equipment for any new vehicles $40k and up. It really hit home when I was driving a dumpy little Hyundai rental car and realized it has the same tech - just without the fancy graphics.

All BC does is make that sorta hands free in limited geofenced stretches of divided highway. And hey, I think that’s a nice plus, don’t get me wrong. But I also don’t think this is as robust from a sensor-perspective as what Tesla offers, or any Great Leap Forward in driver assistance tech.
As far as ACC & LC goes there are a lot of other sensors the vehicle has in it, but some of these sensors are used more for crash prevention. The Hyundai probably had level 0 or level 1 system, Ford is offering a level 2 system. For a breakdown of the system if your interested check out the video below from Munro and associates, I know this has been shared before but for ease I added it below.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Good info in the video...

How did they test hands-free BlueCruise on their private test track? I would not have guessed that Ford would have HD mapped, tested, and approved that roadway.
I don’t think they used the hands free portion, likely just ICC and LCC, then thEy could test the infrared eye sensor

I don’t think you have to be in full hands free for it to be monitoring your eyes.

I really enjoyed the video. Definitely changed my expectations because it was stressful the few times I used it.

By changing one small way of how I use it (don’t wait for it to tell you to take over to take over), I think it will be a game changer.

If you see a bunch of traffic, or a sharp curve or construction……. Just take over. That way you are treating it like an AID and not a TOY just testing it’s limits.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I don’t think you have to be in full hands free for it to be monitoring your eyes.
Awesome, this is what I've been hoping would be the case. Has anyone here with a BlueCruise enabled vehicle verified this?

I wonder why our job 1 vehicles don't have gaze/facial attention monitoring already enabled. Perhaps due to the OTA issues, but then why isn't it even a dealer update option?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome, this is what I've been hoping would be the case. Has anyone here with a BlueCruise enabled vehicle verified this?

I wonder why our job 1 vehicles don't have gaze/facial attention monitoring already enabled. Perhaps due to the OTA issues, but then why isn't it even a dealer update option?
I think I missed something. Are you saying that the eye nanny will nag you even if you’re not in a Blue Zone? Why would this be a good thing?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As far as ACC & LC goes there are a lot of other sensors the vehicle has in it, but some of these sensors are used more for crash prevention. The Hyundai probably had level 0 or level 1 system, Ford is offering a level 2 system.
Thanks. I know there are other sensors involved for ACC and collision avoidance. I was just wondering about the Lane Keeping functionality. I think that’s solely dependent upon the one windshield cam, right? That seems like a pretty standard feature these days, and BC’s only add is exchanging the normal torque sensor hand-nanny for an eye nanny under limited conditions.
Sponsored