AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Trying out my blue cross today doing a run down the i5.

twice it accelerated towards vehicles in front of me.
the first time I took control quickly, the second time I let it go a bit further. The imminent crash warning came up and blue cruise shut down and the car decelerated.

thankfully all was well.

Both were white vehicles and it was wet and darkish in the rain, even though it was daytime.
always be alert!

Apart from that it was a fun try out and it drove well. Cornering was good.
Sponsored

IceAge

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many too list?
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
yeh I have experienced this as well. Never trust it my opinion.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Just imagine, this problem is WITH radar and vision fusion. Imagine the falsing from Tesla using vision only! This is a complex computer science problem that we are a long time from properly solving. Thus the need to watch the road and always be engaged. It’s a helpful tool, not a autopilot.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
My biggest issue with BC is how it disengages out of nowhere with no audible warning. Seems like a REALLY unsafe way to do things... I'm paying attention to the road. Don't give me a quick little message in my gauge cluster. Just give me a little audible cue a couple seconds before disengaging.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't think it is isolated to Blur Cruise. Same basic has happened to me several times in the past couple of days. Almost rear ended a chipping trailer being towed behind a box truck. Car accelerated straight for it. In all cases, the car ahead of me slowed for a lane change. At the same time, another vehicle was moving into their now vacant spot. The car recognized the departing vehicle and increased speed, sometimes aggressively but never recognized the new vehicle ahead. It has occured so frequently these past couple of days that I now have learned to watch the drivers screen to see if it is showing the pictogram of a vehicle ahead of me and it is empty.

So now I have to keep scanning the drivers screen when using ACC to make sure the car recognizes the vehicle ahead. This issue appeared the day after the final two Blue Cruise OTAs.

These OTAs are completely horrible. Ruins what is otherwise a fantastic car. I feel quite sad for the factory workers because they build a kick ass product only to be compromised later with senseless and destructive software updates. Very sad. :(

OP
OP
AllenXS

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I sensed when it was going to drop out which wasn’t much at all. The acceleration was more annoying than anything.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not BC. ACC.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I don't think it is isolated to Blur Cruise. Same basic has happened to me several times in the past couple of days. Almost rear ended a chipping trailer being towed behind a box truck. Car accelerated straight for it. In all cases, the car ahead of me slowed for a lane change. At the same time, another vehicle was moving into their now vacant spot. The car recognized the departing vehicle and increased speed, sometimes aggressively but never recognized the new vehicle ahead. It has occured so frequently these past couple of days that I now have learned to watch the drivers screen to see if it is showing the pictogram of a vehicle ahead of me and it is empty.

So now I have to keep scanning the drivers screen when using ACC to make sure the car recognizes the vehicle ahead. This issue appeared the day after the final two Blue Cruise OTAs.

These OTAs are completely horrible. Ruins what is otherwise a fantastic car. I feel quite sad for the factory workers because they build a kick ass product only to be compromised later with senseless and destructive software updates. Very sad. :(
Imagine being a Motorcyclist when all this testing is going on! Lol

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My biggest issue with BC is how it disengages out of nowhere with no audible warning. Seems like a REALLY unsafe way to do things... I'm paying attention to the road. Don't give me a quick little message in my gauge cluster. Just give me a little audible cue a couple seconds before disengaging.
When BC disengages, it will keep doing its thing for a bit until it’s time for you to put your hands back on the wheel. There is an audible alert when that time comes.

SinaiKD

First Name
Dwain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Trying out my blue cross today doing a run down the i5.

twice it accelerated towards vehicles in front of me.
the first time I took control quickly, the second time I let it go a bit further. The imminent crash warning came up and blue cruise shut down and the car decelerated.

thankfully all was well.

Both were white vehicles and it was wet and darkish in the rain, even though it was daytime.
always be alert!

Apart from that it was a fun try out and it drove well. Cornering was good.
be weary of using radar cruise in the rain. Not advisable. most owners manuals advise against it.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Had serveral right side close calls

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
There’s nothing I trust about BC. Unless I’m on a straight stretch with few to no cars I’m always on edge because BC does not project any confidence during it’s best behavior. It hugs lines too close. Seemingly follows lines that are not lines. Ping pongs at times. I’ve said it before, it’s just the next version of cruise control and nothing more. At least with cruise control, I know what to expect. I will not be subscribing to this feature once my trial runs out. Especially since most highways I travel are not mapped. Even if they were I don’t see the benefit. I’m a control freak.

How do driverless cars do it in the cities? I don’t live in the city and stay away as much as I can. I saw a clip of a driverless Domino’s car “running” from the cops. Just too funny.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
When BC disengages, it will keep doing its thing for a bit until it’s time for you to put your hands back on the wheel. There is an audible alert when that time comes.
Mine sure doesn't. It instantly goes from BC hands free to normal lane keep assist telling me to put my hands on the wheel (again with no audible alert)

A loud alert would be great but even a little cluster alert telling me an unmapped section is coming up would be extremely helpful

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Mine sure doesn't. It instantly goes from BC hands free to normal lane keep assist telling me to put my hands on the wheel (again with no audible alert)
Right, it drops to normal lane centering with a visual message to put your hands on the wheel, but it continues to follow the lane even without your hands on the wheel for about 10-15 seconds before sounding an audible alert. Just like any time you use normal lane centering, you can remove you hands from the wheel for short periods and it will still follow the lane, but will audibly warn you if there's no torque on the wheel for 10-15 seconds.
Sponsored