Blue Oval Charge Network costs??

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
What precisely does it offer, and what are the costs? I can't find anything about it and I've got all sorts of varied dates for various services with multiple ford vehicles in my account. For the MME I see this...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network costs?? 1676921283263

What does the "Blueoval charge network" actually provide, and what are the costs for whatever the supplied services are?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It provides single point billing and charger activation via FordPass. It also gets you Plug & Charge at EA chargers. So far, the “expiration” is a mystery, as well as whether or not Ford will charge for the service after expiration.

That said, you can usually get a better rate going direct to the charger operator.

clubpar

First Name
Geof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2022 Lightning
Country flag
BlueOval Charge Network provides access to multiple charging networks that allow all to be started from one app versus having to download multiple apps and create accounts on all of those apps. You can start any of the BlueOval Charge Network chargers with just the FordPass app at the standard rates on the charging stations. Additionally with Plug&Charge, you can simply pull up to Electrify America chargers and simply plug in, the vehicle and charger communicate through protocols and start the charge session automatically.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
BlueOval Charge Network provides access to multiple charging networks that allow all to be started from one app versus having to download multiple apps and create accounts on all of those apps. You can start any of the BlueOval Charge Network chargers with just the FordPass app at the standard rates on the charging stations. Additionally with Plug&Charge, you can simply pull up to Electrify America chargers and simply plug in, the vehicle and charger communicate through protocols and start the charge session automatically.
Well the plug and charge protocol pulls the vin from the vehicle. It's more of a 'does the charger support it' type thing. If you're registered with the chargers company already, it should be transparent. The ford app adds nothing special if you're already a member of the charging company. Despite popular belief, you don't actually need the apps at all when it works right.
Sponsored