Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
In the end wouldn't we end up paying the $50 for the subscription to P&C and the higher cost at EA stations?

I found this thread trying not to start a new one about this subject. I used my free 250kW on my first weekend of taking delivery of my Mach-E last thursday (30th Jun).

I thought the $50 was a years worth of the EA subscription but couldn't figure out why I didn't have an EA account. How do you all link your EA account? it seems like you don't since you can't see your charging in the EA app.
Once out of free I turned of plug and charge and use the EA app with the $4 for a month at the better rate. It takes only a few sessions to make up the $4. I don't know if the $50 is a good deal unless you charge travel a lot. Also if you have more than 1 EV it could be problematic.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In the end wouldn't we end up paying the $50 for the subscription to P&C and the higher cost at EA stations?

I found this thread trying not to start a new one about this subject. I used my free 250kW on my first weekend of taking delivery of my Mach-E last thursday (30th Jun).

I thought the $50 was a years worth of the EA subscription but couldn't figure out why I didn't have an EA account. How do you all link your EA account? it seems like you don't since you can't see your charging in the EA app.
You don't Iink.

The $50 is supposed to get you the discounted rate at EA and any other place in the network I believe.

rapture89

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Corvette
Occupation
Information Technologist
Country flag
Once out of free I turned of plug and charge and use the EA app with the $4 for a month at the better rate. It takes only a few sessions to make up the $4. I don't know if the $50 is a good deal unless you charge travel a lot. Also if you have more than 1 EV it could be problematic.
Thanks for the info.

You don't Iink.

The $50 is supposed to get you the discounted rate at EA and any other place in the network I believe.

That’s what I thought but I was charged $.43 and I thought the discounted rate was $.32?

looking at the photos I took it did give me the discount some of the times but not all of the time.. Frustrating and not straight forward!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network Electrify America Charging Membership E87D5009-FF16-4A4A-8919-2ABB3C29E7A4

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Oval Charge Network Electrify America Charging Membership 1BEDB449-6DA5-43FD-A3A5-64BF13A39F44

877AE45F-FC1A-4768-81BD-13188F49B6C5.jpeg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, it didn't. Last one is in a per minute state.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You don't Iink.

Originally it seemed to be planned for other networks too, but it seems Ford has abandoned that for now. They explicitly call it an Electrify America discount now.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

You can't link your EA account and Ford Pass account. You either pay with one or the other. Which means you cannot use the EA Pass+ discount if using Plug&Charge.

This Ford 25% discount at EA for $50/yr is thier own subscription, totally separate from Pass+.

No one knows what Ford will do yet to handle future pricing once our 2-year trial subscription to BOCN expires (that's effectively P&C). And whether that will be separate from this 25% discount, or bundled somehow.

rapture89

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Corvette
Occupation
Information Technologist
Country flag
You can't link your EA account and Ford Pass account. You either pay with one or the other. Which means you cannot use the EA Pass+ discount if using Plug&Charge.

This Ford 25% discount at EA for $50/yr is thier own subscription, totally separate from Pass+.

No one knows what Ford will do yet to handle future pricing once our 2-year trial subscription to BOCN expires (that's effectively P&C). And whether that will be separate from this 25% discount, or bundled somehow.
thank you that explains clearly what I was trying to find out!

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
So has anyone renewed their BOCN? Mine is about to expire in a few weeks and I'm not sure if it's going to auto-renew or if I should cancel before that happens. I'll be doing a 1500 mile road trip so not sure if I should renew BOCN or get an EA pass+.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So has anyone renewed their BOCN? Mine is about to expire in a few weeks and I'm not sure if it's going to auto-renew or if I should cancel before that happens. I'll be doing a 1500 mile road trip so not sure if I should renew BOCN or get an EA pass+.
Go into Connected Services and look at your subscription. They gave an extra year extension to many of us at no cost.

Also, are you referring to the basic BOCN, or the BOCN that includes the EA discount that some people were invited to beta test? It's confusing, but that EA discount is a special thing, even though they still just call it BOCN.

I wouldn't prematurely cancel anything.

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Go into Connected Services and look at your subscription. They gave an extra year extension to many of us at no cost.

Also, are you referring to the basic BOCN, or the BOCN that includes the EA discount that some people were invited to beta test? It's confusing, but that EA discount is a special thing, even though they still just call it BOCN.

I wouldn't prematurely cancel anything.
Good call— you're 100% right and I was mistakenly reading it incorrectly as July 2023 instead of what it actually says, 2024. I will try to be more detail-oriented in the future!
Sponsored