ericf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
A while back we had the question if Plug & Charge could get us the Pass+ discounted rate at EA. We found out the answer was "no". But Ford worked with EA to make that possible.
I still haven't seen any official details on EA Membership + FordPass/BlueOval Charging Network on Ford's website in Connected Services, or in the FordPass app. Has there been some official announcement of this integration yet?
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I came to this thread from a link in a thread where I asked if I could get the EA Pass+ rate and Plug and Charge. The link in the OP now goes to an FAQ page about public charging with no mention about the subscription rate. Seems it is still not an option as of today.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I came to this thread from a link in a thread where I asked if I could get the EA Pass+ rate and Plug and Charge. The link in the OP now goes to an FAQ page about public charging with no mention about the subscription rate. Seems it is still not an option as of today.
I don't see the paid-plan option in my account's connected services page, either.

Some of the publicly available ford.com pages used mixed references to FordPass Charging Network (old name) and Blue Oval Charge Network (new name) on the same page! So it looks like a transition in progress to me.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...do-i-have-for-ford-electric-vehicle-charging/

Unrelated... but I also see a special warning about avoiding EFACEC-manufactured DC fast chargers for now. ?

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...harger-and-it-is-not-working-with-my-vehicle/

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't see the paid-plan option in my account's connected services page, either.

Some of the publicly available ford.com pages used mixed references to FordPass Charging Network (old name) and Blue Oval Charge Network (new name) on the same page! So it looks like a transition in progress to me.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...do-i-have-for-ford-electric-vehicle-charging/

Unrelated... but I also see a special warning about avoiding EFACEC-manufactured DC fast chargers for now. ?

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...harger-and-it-is-not-working-with-my-vehicle/
Well, at least it's good to know they're aware of the EFACEC problem and appear to be planning to fix it. Although they say "to update the station", which means they must not have a universal fix on Ford's end. If it requires a station fix, that's kinda worthless for road-tripping at unfamiliar stations. I need to know ahead of time whether it's been updated and works, otherwise I can't count on that station at all. Which usually means I can't count on taking that route. (A good example is taking US-95 between Reno and Las Vegas, as versus the longer US-395/I-15 route where there's EA coverage.)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't remember... Do we know how much access to the "Blue Oval Charging Network" will be after our 2 year freebie is up?

Mockingbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Well, at least it's good to know they're aware of the EFACEC problem and appear to be planning to fix it. Although they say "to update the station", which means they must not have a universal fix on Ford's end. If it requires a station fix, that's kinda worthless for road-tripping at unfamiliar stations. I need to know ahead of time whether it's been updated and works, otherwise I can't count on that station at all. Which usually means I can't count on taking that route. (A good example is taking US-95 between Reno and Las Vegas, as versus the longer US-395/I-15 route where there's EA coverage.)
Already fixed

TSB 21-2190 Illuminated Powertrain Malfunction (Wrench) Indicator With DTCs - HV Battery Not Charging At Level 3 DC Fast Charging Station/EVSE | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmm, that's curious. Sounds like one guy was somehow able to install it himself (?!?) and says it fixed the Efacec issue, but that's the only mention (and rather odd, never heard of anyone doing a TSB themselves). I'd sure like to see more confirmation before heading out on a road trip that counts on one of those chargers to keep me from being stranded.

That suggests MMEs built before May 4, but only some of them? How do we know if we need it without trying to charge an at Efacec station? I don't want to take the route that has those (and only those) without kowing first.

Plus the Ford website says it's the chargers that need to be fixed, not the car.

sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag
Does anyone know anything about the EA pass+ membership for plug and charge and if I get the discounted rates?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

sid234

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So I guess should just stick to EA Pass + and turn off P&C once I use up the free 250kWh allowance.
Yes. And, Pass+ is monthly. If you have a trip, you can turn it on that morning, and immediately change to the free plan. It won't take effect for 30 days. We enrolled for a month, then another month, and haven't used it since the first week of October.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I guess should just stick to EA Pass + and turn off P&C once I use up the free 250kWh allowance.
Yep. P&C is quite convenient, and is arguably worth paying a little extra for. But an extra 12c/kWh is more than a little if driving very far. On a 2000 mile trip, that could add up to $50-$75 extra.

The EA app works pretty well most of the time. But sometimes it's annoying. And in rare cases, cell service is bad. On a shorter trip that only needs a couple of EA charges, I'll probably just stick with P&C.

Hoping Ford gets that discount subscription working by this Spring though.

rapture89

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Corvette
Occupation
Information Technologist
Country flag
Yep. P&C is quite convenient, and is arguably worth paying a little extra for. But an extra 12c/kWh is more than a little if driving very far. On a 2000 mile trip, that could add up to $50-$75 extra.

The EA app works pretty well most of the time. But sometimes it's annoying. And in rare cases, cell service is bad. On a shorter trip that only needs a couple of EA charges, I'll probably just stick with P&C.

Hoping Ford gets that discount subscription working by this Spring though.
In the end wouldn't we end up paying the $50 for the subscription to P&C and the higher cost at EA stations?

I found this thread trying not to start a new one about this subject. I used my free 250kW on my first weekend of taking delivery of my Mach-E last thursday (30th Jun).

I thought the $50 was a years worth of the EA subscription but couldn't figure out why I didn't have an EA account. How do you all link your EA account? it seems like you don't since you can't see your charging in the EA app.
Sponsored