silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Huge improvement and the biggest ones come down to all of the steering and power inputs. So smooth and natural. Also, agreed that it can still mess up, I had a couple issues where I had to rip the wheel (while in hands free) so make sure to still pay attention!
I spent my whole morning first watching @Liv and Patrick’s vid then Kyle’s. So good to see BC 1.2 in action in two different parts of the country in very different light conditions do so well.

Seems like Out of Spec’s conclusion is that BC 1.2 is the best drivers assist system out there when it comes to actual driving but falls short on the deadman test for incapacitated drivers. A couple of tweaks that throw in full stop and hazard lights would fix that score?
Sponsored

Evan

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium (Extended Range)
Country flag
Does Bluecruise 1.2 increase the mapped areas by a lot nationwide?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would get excited if they actually played "Connect the dots" on major highways in (western) Canada at some point. Right now, the coverage is so sparse it's hard to care much.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise 1.2 Review by Out of Spec -- Hogback Challenge 1678811890706
GM’s Super Cruse has a ton of highways available for self driving in Western Canada including 2 lane highways. Ford is so far behind in this regard.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
So this comes standard with 2023 Mach-Es? Do the 2023s have different hardware that this would not be available on 22s and 21s? Or are the 2023s the test mules for this?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
GM’s Super Cruse has a ton of highways available for self driving in Western Canada including 2 lane highways. Ford is so far behind in this regard.
But one big minus with SUperCruise is that it on non-mapped roads it doesn't even have lane centering. With the Mach-E, you basically get the hands on version of BlueCruise.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So this comes standard with 2023 Mach-Es? Do the 2023s have different hardware that this would not be available on 22s and 21s? Or are the 2023s the test mules for this?
2023s have the same hardware as 21s and 22s, it’s just a matter of software.

2023s have been driving around with this software for 3 months already. It was released late last year.

I would get excited if they actually played "Connect the dots" on major highways in (western) Canada at some point. Right now, the coverage is so sparse it's hard to care much.

1678811890706.png
Their mapping partner HERE is not particularly nimble of a company and probably has little financial motivation to laser scan the rural highways of Canada. The poor map data really holds the system back IMO. I don’t think coverage will significantly change until crowdsourced map data becomes a thing. The hardware is capable but Ford probably won’t have the software to intelligently use crowdsourced data for 3-4 years. Tesla does it now.

Since expanding coverage is not a priority for Ford, you would be wise to switch to GM or Tesla.

Last edited:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
2023s have the same hardware as 21s and 22s, it’s just a matter of software.
While I know it is pretty certain that it is coming to 21s and 22s, I thought that it was confirmed that the IPMA is different on the 23s? @DevSecOps I believe mentioned it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
But one big minus with SUperCruise is that it on non-mapped roads it doesn't even have lane centering. With the Mach-E, you basically get the hands on version of BlueCruise.
But lane change is only available when in hands free BC, right?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
While I know it is pretty certain that it is coming to 21s and 22s, I thought that it was confirmed that the IPMA is different on the 23s? @DevSecOps I believe mentioned it.
There are equipment changes in the 2023 but like I said before that doesn't mean that it's impossible to bring to the 2021/22. I know it was something that they were working on. I just don't think anyone should hold their breath because, as we know, they have been promising frunk release on some vehicles for over 2 years and there's still no end in sight. They also had over a 1 year delay (or something close to that) for BC 1.0 to those same people.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
Seems like some great software out of Ford, can't wait to hopefully get it...

Now we know what all the engineers were working on - perhaps the bug fixes will ramp up now (I hope).
Sponsored