Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I would be curious if the side sensors are active on 2023s, even though they don’t have park assist. @Mach-E VLOG can you see if you get the lines on the side of the car when backing up?

@Ghost Ryder does your 22 not have the park assist kit? I know some early 2022s still had park assist. I would be curious if there are 22s without park assist that are getting those side warning lines.
Yes, I have an early 2022 so I do have park assist. Never used it though. I'll give it a try later to see if those dotted lines pop up. I do get the orange line though.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Yes, I have an early 2022 so I do have park assist. Never used it though. I'll give it a try later to see if those dotted lines pop up. I do get the orange line though.
Lucky lol. I don’t necessarily need park assist, but I want those side sensors active. I would bet yours will work.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It uses the radar sensors. There is one at each corner of the vehicle. '21s and '22s have the front radar sensors below the headlights but they aren't really being used currently. BlueCruise 1.2 enables full use of these sensors we've had all along.

I think Ford always meant to have automatic lane changes on the Mach-E, but the software just took WAY longer than expected.
If the front radar sensors aren’t used by MY21/22 vehicles, how do they determine following distance and potential front collisions?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@AlanJ @Ghost Ryder @Neil4Real @Just Lurking Here is my husbands red 2021 Premium J2 vs my 2022 GT J2. Same number of physical sensors. My husbands car shows orange and red lines on the sides of the car, like in the pic below. If you look at the attached video my car does not display or audibly alert for those side sensors. We can debate whether those sensors are powered on or not, but in the end they are not functioning as parking sensors.
1679007698944.jpeg
1679007711868.jpeg
1679007721693.jpeg

1679007736639.jpeg

1679007749982.jpeg

1679007760972.jpeg

1679007784316.jpeg
1679007772933.jpeg

1679007919561.png

Perhaps I’m colorblind, but where are the “orange” lines in the last picture before the video? I see a solid red line with a chevron on the left side and on both the left and right sides, I see dashed yellow lines?
I have. 21 Premium and I’ve noticed that there are two types of parking sensor display - one is a very modern looking one with 3 concentric rectangles with rounded corners around the car, and the other is a clunky, old-fashioned display. Note: these displays only appear when the cameras are not on (so only when moving forward).

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
If the front radar sensors aren’t used by MY21/22 vehicles, how do they determine following distance and potential front collisions?
Well I meant the front side sensors only. There are actually 3 front radars. The front center radar between the grilles (main cruise radar) is used by all Mach-E’s. The corner sensors below the headlights aren’t being used much in 1.0.

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
They better with my subscription or else I can leave. As long as no more contracts.
And fix some of the annoying behaviors, like disengaging hands free at the end of on ramps.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well I meant the front side sensors only. There are actually 3 front radars. The front center radar between the grilles (main cruise radar) is used by all Mach-E’s. The corner sensors below the headlights aren’t being used much in 1.0.
Oh cool! I didn’t understand/know that there were three radar modules in front. I thought there was just one front facing radar module in between the louvers.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Perhaps I’m colorblind, but where are the “orange” lines in the last picture before the video?
I see orange, maybe you see red. Either way, its the lines on the left side of the car in this picture
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise 1.2 Review by Out of Spec -- Hogback Challenge 1679058560193

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
On main freeways highways. I don't think its a good idea for the brake lights to come on during a curve to slow down. Well dependent on the curve sharp or smooth of course. BC need to figure out when Is the appropriate time to apply brakes. If your going to fast for the curve for example. Because most slow downs during freeway curves can be done "coasting" you can just lift off throttle and slow down without apply brakes. I see this problem if someone is behind you.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
On main freeways highways. I don't think its a good idea for the brake lights to come on during a curve to slow down. Well dependent on the curve sharp or smooth of course. BC need to figure out when Is the appropriate time to apply brakes. If your going to fast for the curve for example. Because most slow downs during freeway curves can be done "coasting" you can just lift off throttle and slow down without apply brakes. I see this problem if someone is behind you.
This is an excellent point. Braking on curves can create unnecessary traffic waves which can cause accidents further behind you. I agree that the braking should be limited to a coasting level. The total speed reduction should also be limited to only what's necessary, and shouldn't be more than a typical human driver would do. It won't be good if the car slows way down compared to prevailing traffic on curves, that could cause traffic waves and possible road rage.

This is what happens when a car slows down too much for a curve:

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
Is there a document out there that shows all the sensors, cameras and where they are located on MME? Purely for education!

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Total reduction of ping ponging". "Scooching" to the left to create more space from cars on the right side. "Super smooth" lane changes with acceleration during the change.

I'm psyched to get this, and really hopeful it comes to 21/22's.
Agreed for 21/22s. That will be the only way I pay the renewal fee for three years!

Bhwzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ext
Country flag
I'm about a month into owning a 23 premium and had no clue bluecruise could change lanes until i saw this thread. Tried it today and it does slow down on curves but never at an alarming rate. The lane change does take some time, longer than a normal person driving. It's as if I would check the lane next to me twice before moving over. Acceleration into the lane is good though.
Sponsored