Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Once it becomes a monthly subscription, everyone will get it for sure.
It more or less is a monthly subscription already. Right now we are paying basicaly 17 dollar a month for it as it is 600 bucks for 3 years.
Sponsored

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These are great features. But Wait... why doesn't this say anything about updating BC in existing cars???? .... you know, the 75K of them it does mention?
Yeah If I can't have the latest BlueCruise update I won't subscribe to it when the time comes.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Still better than Tesla's $15k price point.
The capabilities you’re comparing are night and day different. But…

That fact aside, Tesla is charging that insane fee for the honor of beta testing and being an unpaid for-hire driver delivering data for their corporate benefit of improving the system. The hardware is in the car whether enabled or not. It’s absolutely absurd and insane that anyone wants to be part of that scheme.

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
The thing that’s frustrating about all this is if this trend of releasing new features out to newer models first, especially Blue Cruise features, continues into the era where you have to pay an actual subscription.

Imagine paying a monthly/annual fee and being withheld from features your car is capable of and was told would be a part of it some day and maybe you get it months or a year later. For something that becomes paid, they really need to release features to existing cars first or allow a beta program that allows them to get it early on their terms.

Ford really needs to nip this fragmentation thing now before it gets further out of control. It’s going to start looking like that despite paying $50k+ for an EV they’re still trying to get you to buy new vehicles to get new features despite having plans to just make your current vehicle be upgradeable, subscriptions/fees or not.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I have been watching quietly all that Ford has been saying and I have a theory… Ford has gotten into the habit of trickling out information that buyers/owners find interesting. If they can have two headline grabbing articles from the same release they will.
So my theory is that they released info about BlueCruise 1.2 for 2023 models first to encourage ordering of the 2023 model. Not that they need more demand, but they have been increasing production volume, so this announcement is probably the most important “new” feature for the 2023 model. (I mean other than that there is a night pony package).
Then in time for the first of us to about to hit the start of the paid Blue Cruise subscription they can announce that the feature is coming via OTA so that a high percentage subscribe to the software. If they announce now, most will forget over the next 2-3 months.

Just my two pennies here

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have been watching quietly all that Ford has been saying and I have a theory… Ford has gotten into the habit of trickling out information that buyers/owners find interesting. If they can have two headline grabbing articles from the same release they will.
So my theory is that they released info about BlueCruise 1.2 for 2023 models first to encourage ordering of the 2023 model. Not that they need more demand, but they have been increasing production volume, so this announcement is probably the most important “new” feature for the 2023 model. (I mean other than that there is a night pony package).
Then in time for the first of us to about to hit the start of the paid Blue Cruise subscription they can announce that the feature is coming via OTA so that a high percentage subscribe to the software. If they announce now, most will forget over the next 2-3 months.

Just my two pennies here
They sell every Mach E they can produce still. I don't think this is the issue. I get the feeling there is a hardware limitation in the current models. Or maybe they just don't want to be bothered retro programing just yet.
Sponsored