Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
This actually might be a Sync staging/test build. That Home button doesn't make sense.
The home doesn’t make sense, but I hurt what they are trying to do. It’s quicker to get to settings from the Home Screen with those 2 buttons. I would just like it to be the car and then settings off to the right with the profile still in the center.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Let’s talk about the enhancements themselves…

I really don’t see what the big deal is about “automatic” lane changes that aren’t… actually… automatic. You’ve still got to initiate the lane change. Is there really that much difference between flicking the turn signal and turning the steering wheel? I mean, I guess the feature will maybe also check you blind spot for you…. What am I missing?

Predictive Speed Assist might be good IF it allows BC to stay engaged on sharper curves where it currently cuts out. Otherwise, again, what is the point?

The in-lane adjustment thing might be a subtle but nice little feature if properly implemented. This one actually seems the hardest to do properly because it requires true 360 degree awareness.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This actually might be a Sync staging/test build. That Home button doesn't make sense.
Yeah. Any ui update is going to piss a bunch of people off because it’s not to their liking. Any fail to update a UI is going to piss people off. Any change to BlueCruise is going to piss people off. Any failure to change BlueCruise is going to piss people off.

So we might as well wait and see what Ford does before deciding which update or failure to update is going to piss us off. Why waste a perfectly irrational indignation over what tomorrow might bring. ;)

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It sounds like Ford needs to hire CI/CD experts who understand the challenges of rapid releases on multiple hardware and software platforms.

You might say a... @DevSecOps subject matter expert.

I understand that these things are a lot more complicated than your average CI/CD pipeline, but the yocto project, to use just one example, manages a s***load of software complexity on a number of different hardware platforms, automating simultaneous releases on all of them. From what I can tell, Ford doesn't yet have the inhouse expertise for this type of software management.

Maybe after Netflix's stock drops a bit more, Ford can acquire them 🤣🤣🤣

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag

I really don’t see what the big deal is about “automatic” lane changes that aren’t… actually… automatic. You’ve still got to initiate the lane change. Is there really that much difference between flicking the turn signal and turning the steering wheel? I mean, I guess the feature will maybe also check you blind spot for you…. What am I missing?

Predictive Speed Assist might be good IF it allows BC to stay engaged on sharper curves where it currently cuts out. Otherwise, again, what is the point?

The in-lane adjustment thing might be a subtle but nice little feature if properly implemented. This one actually seems the hardest to do properly because it requires true 360 degree awareness.
I like the lane change, its annoying to have to wait for the car to re-engage. As for the curves I have never had it drop out of BC on a curve, I just hurtle towards them at 75mph on dark maine highways and "trust the car" so yes predicting and slowing down seems good, if adjustable...

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah. Any ui update is going to piss a bunch of people off because it’s not to their liking. Any fail to update a UI is going to piss people off. Any change to BlueCruise is going to piss people off. Any failure to change BlueCruise is going to piss people off.

So we might as well wait and see what Ford does before deciding which update or failure to update is going to piss us off. Why waste a perfectly irrational indignation over what tomorrow might bring. ;)
This is the internet, no one waits for the actual product before condemning it. ;)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It sounds like Ford needs to hire CI/CD experts who understand the challenges of rapid releases on multiple hardware and software platforms.

You might say a... @DevSecOps subject matter expert.

I understand that these things are a lot more complicated than your average CI/CD pipeline, but the yocto project, to use just one example, manages a s***load of software complexity on a number of different hardware platforms, automating simultaneous releases on all of them. From what I can tell, Ford doesn't yet have the inhouse expertise for this type of software management.

Maybe after Netflix's stock drops a bit more, Ford can acquire them 🤣🤣🤣
Don't drag me into this thread ... I'm trying to stay away from it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yeah. Any ui update is going to piss a bunch of people off because it’s not to their liking. Any fail to update a UI is going to piss people off. Any change to BlueCruise anything is going to piss people off. Any failure to change BlueCruise anything is going to piss people off.

I fixed the above for you as it wasn't correct.

I've watched forums over the years, and it's quite amazing how literally the simplest thing people love, and hate. OMG, Start/Stop technology! THE GOBERMENT CAN'T TELL ME WHEN MY ENGINE CAN RUN! Wait, wut? They want to tell us when it's time to change the oil? No F'in way, I change my oil on the way home from the dealership, then every 5.2 days, especially if it tastes bad.

There literally is not satisfying everyone, on anything, period.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Ford has to compete with GM SuperCruise which already does automatic lane changes. With GM it really is automatic because you don't have to touch anything.

The car has the 360º sensors for it already. Front radar can tell when you're going to be approaching an object closely. It might also use the ultrasonic sensors on the sides. Which brings up a good question about whether cars with the active park assist prep package will need that installed before BlueCruise 1.2 will work?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm waiting for the thread / discussion "it's not moral to change lanes without using your hands". 🤔o_O :p

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I seriously doubt that Farley has ever HEARD of this forum. If so, he probably has some underling give him a printed weekly summary of the most critical issues, which would tend more toward things like posts about HVBJB. I’ll bet Farley doesn’t even know job 1 cars don’t have a remote frunk release
This is right... he is thinking about 2023, 2024 and beyond.... older cars only exist in the form of warranty costs on a chart.
Sponsored