TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Fools bet. Given Ford's progress on a software update already implemented on cars since July 2021 (*cough*frunk*cough*) it's probable that BC will be a vague memory before we see that.
Ford: "Look your car will be able to change lanes BY ITSELF!"
Me: "Ok, but can it open the frunk when I click the button THAT ALREADY EXISTS"
Ford:
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Farley probably got sick and tired of people here complaining about their frunk button update and told them to delete any mention of updating 21s/22s from the press release.

Ford has done some stupid things, but there is no way that they're dumb enough to orphan 2 model years of Bluecruise. It would probably cost them extra to maintain 2 different versions, or create liability to deny safety-related updates (like slowing down for curves and keeping distance from other vehicles).
I seriously doubt that Farley has ever HEARD of this forum. If so, he probably has some underling give him a printed weekly summary of the most critical issues, which would tend more toward things like posts about HVBJB. Iā€™ll bet Farley doesnā€™t even know job 1 cars donā€™t have a remote frunk release

Last edited:

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I got the exact same response from my media contact at Ford:
"Not yet. We will share more about Ford Power-Up and Lincoln Enhance software updates as they are available."

Depending on how you look at it, it is good news or bad news. They actually say "not yet"which to me means that it is coming. But, "not yet" could mean 3 months, 6 months, a year.

I did/do have worries that they could say current Mach-Es don't have the hardware or say that it is an added feature for an additional cost. They are calling it v1.2 which sounds more like it might not be either of those. I think if they were going that route they would have called it BlueCruise 2.0 or Ultra BlueCruise (shout out to EA!).

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
See post #21.
Not really definitive Rick, given progress on other issues creating or continuing separate update paths. On the positive side, I don't think Ford wants there to be multiple diverging update paths. It would be best if there was a single path forward until they hit something resembling a hardware wall or a point of diminishing returns.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It was stated, in a conversation, with Darren Palmer, at the F-150L launch in February.
Um, yeah, well, lots of things have been stated in conversations with Darren Palmer that either didnā€™t come to pass, or were, shall we say, ā€œoptimisticā€. For example, I recall Darren (and other Ford people) saying that the Mustang Mach E GTPE performance was ā€œsupercar territoryā€ before mere mortals got their grubby little paws on it and discovered the dirty little 5 second secret. Not sure how many ā€œsupercars ā€œ become ford fiestas after 5 seconds. šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
See post #21.

Did you read the fine print in the press release?

BlueCruise 1.2 will be delivered to all 2021 and 2022 Mach-Es, except for Jimrpa's, because we have to give him a frunk button, which is promised sometime before 2036,
And people say Ford's communication leaves room for improvement, who else offers that level of personal customer service?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've done that and messaged a couple of media people I know at Ford. I'll post it here if any of them confirm anything.
Thanks Patrick!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ford: "Look your car will be able to change lanes BY ITSELF!"
Me: "Ok, but can it open the frunk when I click the button THAT ALREADY EXISTS"
Ford:
Button?! Oh, we used to dream of having a button that did nothing! Would've been car nirvana to us! Button?! Hrmph. :p

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Look, there's no point in beating each other up over this. How you come down on if this will be available in 2021 or 2022 vehicles just comes down to if your internal desire for it to come to 21/22 vehicles overrides your experience with Ford delivering these things in past experience. So far nobody has truly said anything definitive, although some of the comments have leaned more towards it being available eventually.

All I am trying to say is, no point arguing over who interprets what in what way, until someone can quote an official Ford release that says, "We will deliver this update for 2021/2022 vehicles in a future release", no ambiguity, we just need to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. :)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
He's copying and pasting...his response to this person makes more sense:

FORD.PNG
The response isnā€™t from Farley - itā€™s from someone else.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Farley probably got sick and tired of people here complaining about their frunk button update and told them to delete any mention of updating 21s/22s from the press release.

Ford has done some stupid things, but there is no way that they're dumb enough to orphan 2 model years of Bluecruise. It would probably cost them extra to maintain 2 different versions, or create liability to deny safety-related updates (like slowing down for curves and keeping distance from other vehicles).
You are responsible for maintaining control of your vehicle at all times

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I seriously doubt that Farley has ever HEARD of this forum. If so, he probably has some underling give him a printed weekly summary of the most critical issues, which would tend more toward things like posts about HVBJB. Iā€™ll bet Farley doesnā€™t even know job 1 cars donā€™t have a remote frunk release
I thought I read somewhere that there are folks pretty high up at Ford who peruse our forums.

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
Depending on how you look at it, it is good news or bad news. They actually say "not yet"which to me means that it is coming. But, "not yet" could mean 3 months, 6 months, a year.
I am just sick and tired of being left behind when their new features are only available if installed from factory. I'm pretty sure Tesla pushes updates to every vehicle unless there are major hardware changes between Model Years.