BlueCruise almost here... are you in or out?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
In. Maybe before our drive back to Michigan mid next week...
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I love driving on empty open roads with twisties, hills, and interesting terrain. I hate driving on crowded highways for hours on end to get to a destination.

I'm in on bluecruise if I can get it before my 1500 mile trip at the end of the month. If not, I'll probably hold off until the spring because I'm working from home and don't really plan to drive very far before then. I will get it, but there's no point paying for something with a time limit if I am not going to use it

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I’m in for the first 3 years. I didn’t get the Smurfmobile to save the planet. That’s a great additional benefit, but not my reason. I got the Smurfmobile because I am a tech nerd. I want to see what they can do with all this new tech stuffed into a car. My main intention is to use it on the approximately 1/2 of my daily commute to see how it does handle normal moderately heavy traffic in the Detroit area.

I don’t intend to trust it very much until I’ve got quite a few miles on it, but at about 30 miles per day to work and back (that BlueCruise should be available on) it shouldn’t take more than a couple months to either feel pretty comfortable with it or hate it.

I do have a plan to drive out to Colorado next spring/summer, so if it has won me over by then, it will get to do a significant portion of the control for that.

Once the 3 years is up, I’ll look at what Ford is going to offer continuing service for price wise, and decide at that point if the utility is high enough to warrant keeping it.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm almost sure I'm out. I just don't do much long distance driving and I already find the lane centering kind of annoying. I bet if they offered a free trial week that might help sell it. Lane changing would also be nice.

Reactions: Nav

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
I think I'm in. Almost all the highways around me are mapped and I easily put 100+ miles on my car a day. I like the lane centering thought I'm iffy on the intelligent cruise control. And the steering wheel nanny has annoyed me enough that it would be merciful relief not to deal with that. Though now I will have to deal with the eyeball police!!!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm out.....I bought this fine car so I could drive it.......and I don't trust anyone else to drive my cars but me, haha......in fact I have never even used cruise, what's it called???........I caught a bit of a report where the "experts" were talking about over the road trucks being driven by computers, oh boy....

to each his/her own.......that's why ice cream parlors have more than 1 flavor...

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
If it was ready this weekend, I'd be all in. Heading out from OC to DFW area, taking the 10 to the 20 to the 30, and then back. Would love to have it so my arms didn't always need to be up on the wheel and getting tired so shifting them down, then back up, the just the left, then the right...

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I'm almost sure I'm out. I just don't do much long distance driving and I already find the lane centering kind of annoying. I bet if they offered a free trial week that might help sell it. Lane changing would also be nice.
I, too, hate active lane centering. it feels counter intuitive to move the wheel in a way that allows the car to feel that torque feedback it needs to know my hands are on the wheel. That is one of the reasons I want to try BlueCruise… to see of it feels more natural to me.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I personally think, with the past press, that people already equipped should get a month free trial at the very least.

I think asking $600 right up front when we have already paid for the hardware is a bit much. They should at least let us try the system out before shelling out the $600.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m out. Blue cruise doesn’t cover most of my driving which is county 2 lane roads. Very little divided highway in my life so it would be mostly wasted.
If I lived somewhere where my commute was covered by the blue cruise map, or my company didn’t make me get rentals when I travel for work, I’d give it a shot.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I’m in. The bargain vs Tesla software was one small factor in choosing the Mach E. I plan to use it most mornings I commute to work and on interstate travel. I’m a racer and love driving as much as anyone but the bluecruise roads aren’t really driving. ?

OP
OP
kwailau

kwailau

First Name
Kwai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I personally think, with the past press, that people already equipped should get a month free trial at the very least.

I think asking $600 right up front when we have already paid for the hardware is a bit much. They should at least let us try the system out before shelling out the $600.
Maybe if we hold out, Ford will give the option of a BlueCruise 'test run'? Fingers crossed.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the same email 2 days ago. Just waiting until they release it.
Sponsored