BlueCruise almost here... are you in or out?

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I am blessed with a GT and used it for about 300 miles last weekend on I75 in Ohio. I did not have any issues and I kept my hands rested on my knees so I could react quickly if needed. It does stop when I had to change lanes, but picks back up on it's own. I have also used it some on local highways and some areas are completely hands free and some areas require hands on.

The only issue I had was my sunglasses. I have some very dark Ray Bans and I think the lenses have IR coating. I had to take them off.

Personally, I felt safer in less traffic. I am not sure how comfortable I would be in stop and go traffic. Maybe that will come with time.

I also like driving so I will not be using it all the time. However, it gave me a nice respite on our trip.
Sponsored

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
In, if and when it's available for my car, just because. If it's not released for my car, no harm no foul since I'd seldom use it.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Anyone know what the process to turn on (purchase) BC will be? I know in the Telsa it is in their screen/menus.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
less than zero interest in bluecruise.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
you're already trusting your life to software since you're driving a car that was manufactured since approximately 1980.
I flew an airplane for 17 years that was a modernized version of an airplane originally designed in 1965. The updated and "modern" version was designed in 1985. It also features 80286 processors. I have no problems with slapped together Rube Goldberg designs. Oh ... wait ... yes I do.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Anyone know what the process to turn on (purchase) BC will be? I know in the Telsa it is in their screen/menus.
Sure.

1) Open Frunk.

2) Remove right hand panel.

3) Power on vehicle, but only Accessories (keep foot off brake pedal).

4) Scroll through options to BlueCruise, and in the drop-down menu select "Blow My Mind".

5) Turn car off, put panel back in front, close frunk.

6) Get on forum and start complaining.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Published? Nowhere.

Darren Palmer said in an interview, "you're going to see BlueCruise coming in in September and October". 2:10 into the video.
Isn’t that when GT deliveries started? ???

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I flew an airplane for 17 years that was a modernized version of an airplane originally designed in 1965. The updated and "modern" version was designed in 1985. It also features 80286 processors. I have no problems with slapped together Rube Goldberg designs. Oh ... wait ... yes I do.
I flew on the Concorde - twice ? I’m pretty sure it originally didn’t have ANY processors. The cockpit was … interesting.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I'll try it. Could be fun to see how well it works, and how it improves over time.

But I don't imagine I would ever trust it with my life. Nor do I expect any practical value.

mikedmd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Not sure about the process of how it's activated when it's eventually deployed but on my GTPE it says "BlueCruise Ready" when on applicable roads. And you use it by having cruise control and lane assist on at the same time. When active there is a blue steering wheel icon with the words "hands free" underneath.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Analog gauges baby!

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise almost here... are you in or out? 1633656274257

It had hands free cruise too. ;)
That’s it! BA or AF? I was on AF. Much better food than BA and the flight was 15 minutes longer ??? (more time in a plane = fun as long as it’s not 31E on a 4 hour flight on a 737 ?)

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Grumpy here. Still waiting. If PAAK doesn't work a lot of the time, you going to trust Blue Cruse to work. Just asking.
Your comment makes no sense. PAAK and BlueCruise are on two different platforms with two different development groups.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
So far, we know the process includes Ford sending us emails telling us BC is coming soon.

Next, it appears that BC will be sent OTA to one lucky customer. Ford will then run its full set of #softwareishard #aslongasittakes #cantbetoocareful diagnostics, which takes about a month. Then it will roll to a second customer, wait another month, and so forth.

We haven’t figured out the rest of the process, and I’m not sure Ford has, either. But @Ford Motor Company is following this thread, so I’m sure they would appreciate our suggestions!
Sponsored