Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Just noticed that BlueCruise now appears in “Connected Services” when you are logged in to maintain your account, however, it still shows “Coming Soon”.

Does anyone know when this was introduced? Does this mean that we are on the cusp of release?

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise appears in Connected Services Screenshot_2021-07-28 09.19.43_8zWiPH
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was looking at this page just a few days ago and it wasn't there. So it would have been added in the last few days.

Its showing up for me as well.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Requires purchased 3-year connected service plan with regular map updates, FordPass App and modem activation. BlueCruise functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As they said: coming soon. Another OTA is scheduled late July and a big one for the end of August. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise appears in Connected Services Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 12.28.34 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise appears in Connected Services Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 12.30.24 PM

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Has anyone tried hitting activate yet?
66A5A5C3-6BEF-4915-BDA6-AA690019ABB6.png

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
How do you get to that activate page?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
How do you get to that activate page?
Just keep hitting learn more. I think you have to hit it twice. I also did it from moble.

My guess is it doesn't matter and there is no point in doing it now. I think they pushed that activation part too early.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Just keep hitting learn more. I think you have to hit it twice. I also did it from moble.

My guess is it doesn't matter and there is no point in doing it now. I think they pushed that activation part too early.
Ah not showing up on PC. I'll try it on mobile.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Should be interesting when it gets released. I made sure my car had the prep installed when I purchased it as I was really interested in the Bluecruise. Really looking forward to it getting released.

After having my car for a few days though, I wonder how well it will be implemented. I find the CoPilot system to deactivate on some pretty easy to navigate curves on the freeway. This morning I kind of let it do its own thing and it actually crossed the line and the system still stayed activated and kept driving like it was no big deal. I was not driving at excessive speed either, I think I was doing 68. I've not had the car navigate that bend a single time, I've always had to take over steering.

My wife has a 2020 Hyundai Sonata that has the lane keep assist on it. That system is pretty amazing and stays activated my entire commute to work were the Ford deactivates a few times. I've even taken a pretty sharp off ramp with my wife's car at 70MPH and the car handled it all on the lane keep assist. Was nerve racking, and I defiantly would not recommend doing it all the time, but I was just seeing what the system could do.

Regardless, can't wait till they release it.

Reactions: Nav

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
FYI I couldn't do this on my PC but could do it on my phone to activate it. Then I could see it on my PC.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Should be interesting when it gets released. I made sure my car had the prep installed when I purchased it as I was really interested in the Bluecruise. Really looking forward to it getting released.

After having my car for a few days though, I wonder how well it will be implemented. I find the CoPilot system to deactivate on some pretty easy to navigate curves on the freeway. This morning I kind of let it do its own thing and it actually crossed the line and the system still stayed activated and kept driving like it was no big deal. I was not driving at excessive speed either, I think I was doing 68. I've not had the car navigate that bend a single time, I've always had to take over steering.

My wife has a 2020 Hyundai Sonata that has the lane keep assist on it. That system is pretty amazing and stays activated my entire commute to work were the Ford deactivates a few times. I've even taken a pretty sharp off ramp with my wife's car at 70MPH and the car handled it all on the lane keep assist. Was nerve racking, and I defiantly would not recommend doing it all the time, but I was just seeing what the system could do.

Regardless, can't wait till they release it.
The system, as it is currently, uses the front camera to watch lane markings. If the lane gets too wide, which happens around on/off ramps and if it just can't read the lines, it will cancel out until it can regain confident vision.

Once BlueCruise is released, it will have a 3D map of the highway, and know exactly how the road is laid out and where lanes are. At that point it will use the cameras more to just verify where it is on the road and to watch for other cars. This SHOULD make it much more reliable.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Just noticed that BlueCruise now appears in “Connected Services” when you are logged in to maintain your account, however, it still shows “Coming Soon”.

Does anyone know when this was introduced? Does this mean that we are on the cusp of release?

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise appears in Connected Services 66A5A5C3-6BEF-4915-BDA6-AA690019ABB6
It must only be a US thing for now, because as a Canadian ?? customer I'm not seeing it on their Ford.ca/connectedservices page yet.

Hopefully soon though!