Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I'll preface my assessment by stating I'm one of those who rarely use cruise control. When I do, it's for the boring uncrowded portions of interstate travel. I have a '21 premium and did not purchase BC, when I purchased the car, so I am using it under the free limited period (til the end of 2023, per Ford.). Overall, it does a good job of keeping the car in its lane. However, it frequently (every 10-15 miles) drops out and returns control to me, especially at the bottom of rolling hills (these hills are not big - It's the middle of South Carolina!). My feeling is, given my infrequent use and the real issue of its inconsistency, I'll pass on paying for it at the end of the year. For my use, intelligent CC is fine.
Sponsored

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. So what happens after the 3 years? Re-up for another 3 years at a higher price? I'm not a big fan of Tesla FSD on my Y, so I am planning to let BC expire and see how much I will miss it. I also thought some people had BC complementariy extended to 2073, but that could be something else.
I am thankful my '22 MME premium came with 3 years of BlueCruise. I really like it :)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I am thankful my '22 MME premium came with 3 years of BlueCruise. I really like it :)
The $600 for 3 years was built into your purchase price.

And you may want to change your password. It looks like you entered it as your location.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
The $600 for 3 years was built into your purchase price.

And you may want to change your password. It looks like you entered it as your location.
In defense it is a pretty strong pw

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Ford is REALLY optomistic about how long their cars will be on the road...
Mustangs from 50 years ago are still on the road. Just sayin'.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Mustangs from 50 years ago are still on the road. Just sayin'.
True, but I there are nearly zero computers/electronics/etc. in those Mustangs compared to the Mach-E. It's going to be tough to come up with electronic replacements in 50 years.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I searched this site for "Blue Cruise Cost" and found postings from a while back that state that the cost is $600 for three years. I don't think that is true with new Mach E's. I called the Ford 800 number and they took a long time back and forth to tell me that there is a free "90 day subscription" and the cost after that is unknown. I find this a bit disconcerting. Does anyone know any more?
Thanks!
Blue cruise is not a good service and it's not worth spending so much money just so you can take your hands off the wheel. It's silly. Keep your hands on the wheel and save yourself a fortune.
Sponsored