BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)!

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
*updated*

It looks like it's ready, I'm going to go give it a try!

1653598530450.png
Holy crap I’’m having a hard time. So, I won’t go through all the people I have talked to, but, BlueCruise finally showed up in my connected services. I hit the button to activate, and keep getting an oops message. There was a number to call. The woman I got was businesslike, and she wanted to know which car I have was getting the BlueCruise, the mach-e or the 2012 Flex. I told her the Mach-e. She said the problem was I had not paid for it yet. Is anyone else being asked to pay for it? It looked on EddieHaskells connected services, it says trial.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Holy crap I’’m having a hard time. So, I won’t go through all the people I have talked to, but, BlueCruise finally showed up in my connected services. I hit the button to activate, and keep getting an oops message. There was a number to call. The woman I got was businesslike, and she wanted to know which car I have was getting the BlueCruise, the mach-e or the 2012 Flex. I told her the Mach-e. She said the problem was I had not paid for it yet. Is anyone else being asked to pay for it? It looked on EddieHaskells connected services, it says trial.
Sounds like clueless tier 1 support

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like clueless tier 1 support
So, I kept getting oops but suddenly, I got a message in Fordpass that my BlueCruise is active, so, I don’t know what happened, but maybe it will work now. Will find out Saturday, when going to friends for a couple of days. Fingers crossed.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I have gotten 2.8.2 and hands free does not work. I called ford today and they said there is a map update i need. They were going to try and trigger it. If it doesn’t work they said I might have to go to the dealer and have them perform TSB-222105.
Basically if I go to settings blue cruise hands free is not an option, the screen says blue cruise but is still white not blue and in general sync info there is no mention of blue cruise maps expiration Date. My account page does show it should be active and expiring next year.
My map date was blank until today, it now shows 10-9-2022, but BC does not work. So it appears that they may have pushed the map update as part of the attempt to activate it on my car.

Deleted member 4669

So now I am up to 2.8.3 and still no working blue cruise will see what happens if/when the map update arrives.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So now I am up to 2.8.3 and still no working blue cruise will see what happens if/when the map update arrives.
The one point that it took a bit for me to figure out was you have to go to connected services in your Fordpass to subscribe or initiate. It didn’t show up immediately there for me, but eventually did.

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
Well that is promising. I got 2.6 and 2.7.1 on back to back days, then silence since. Guess I will have to check tomorrow to see if it is queued up.

Just a head's up, I have been reading that 2.7.2 may wipe charge preferences for some (maybe because it is installing the new charge curve?), so you might need to set them up again.
I found this to be true...it reset to default at 100%.
it also wiped out my locking preferences. I had it set to only open the driver's door on initial entry, but now all doors are unlocked on either side of the vehicle when I approach.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The one point that it took a bit for me to figure out was you have to go to connected services in your Fordpass to subscribe or initiate. It didn’t show up immediately there for me, but eventually did.
Did it ask for money or give you the free year?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2.8.2 Installed! I was surprised I normally don’t get updates until after 3pm eastern, but the check mark showed up at the top of the screen around 12:30! I didn’t get a notification in the app about the update yet (update: got the notification in the app), but I did get the notification about hands free being available. Immediately got on the highway and it worked!!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)! 1E15B99C-1AA2-42CA-B045-CFF2CE85F3B2

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)! 411B8A52-B8E9-45A4-A65E-8F5FE93C0D1B
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)! C5776CE2-3633-42D2-B3D9-5358E6C4F85D

Last edited:
OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
2.8.2 Installed! I was surprised I normally don’t get updates until after 3pm eastern, but the check mark showed up at the top of the screen around 12:30! I didn’t get a notification in the app about the update yet (update: got the notification in the app), but I did get the notification about hands free being available. Immediately got on the highway and it worked!!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)! C5776CE2-3633-42D2-B3D9-5358E6C4F85D

I also just got a message that blue cruise was activated after I got 2.8.2. I didn't have to do anything online, or map update or anything.

Kerpazm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4X FE
Country flag
So, I just recieved the 2.8.2 update, got the notification that BlueCruise was activated, and confirmed that my connected services page shows my 1 year trial as active. However, when I go into the menu on the touchscreen, I don't see BlueCruise as an available cruise control setting. I had previously gone to the dealer where they applied 21G01, where I lost lane centering in adaptive cruise control. My SYNC version is 415. Do I still need to get 2.8.3 before I get the option of activating it in the car?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, I just recieved the 2.8.2 update, got the notification that BlueCruise was activated, and confirmed that my connected services page shows my 1 year trial as active. However, when I go into the menu on the touchscreen, I don't see BlueCruise as an available cruise control setting. I had previously gone to the dealer where they applied 21G01, where I lost lane centering in adaptive cruise control. My SYNC version is 415. Do I still need to get 2.8.3 before I get the option of activating it in the car?
The changes to the touch screen come in 2.8.3. You should be able to use BlueCruise though.

Deleted member 4669

already had that showing in my account. But it does look like I got the map update today. It new shows hands free as an option and shows maps,expiration under the sync info. Think I am finally good to go.