BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)!

MadLaserist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD ER Space White
Country flag
Bummed. Received 2.7.1 10 days ago on the first go round. The update window expired 2 days ago. Nothing since. I check the widget like 20 times a day. Is there no end to the torment? Is it a build date thing? Mine is a 6/1/21 build.
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still no progress of the 2.7.3 OTA. If Ford doesn't push it by tomorrow I am going to purchase a 2 day license and force all the updates with a digital sledge hammer via FDRS.

One attempt every 6 or 12 days is bull.

And my car has been drivien every day since the first failure.

OP
OP

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Still no progress of the 2.7.3 OTA. If Ford doesn't push it by tomorrow I am going to purchase a 2 day license and force all the updates with a digital sledge hammer via FDRS.

One attempt every 6 or 12 days is bull.

And my car has been drivien every day since the first failure.
Maybe it's just going to fail again (and again)

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Bummed. Received 2.7.1 10 days ago on the first go round. The update window expired 2 days ago. Nothing since. I check the widget like 20 times a day. Is there no end to the torment? Is it a build date thing? Mine is a 6/1/21 build.
Same here, received 2.7.1 on May 17 and nothing since! 5/21 build.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
2.8.2 Installed! I was surprised I normally donā€™t get updates until after 3pm eastern, but the check mark showed up at the top of the screen around 12:30! I didnā€™t get a notification in the app about the update yet (update: got the notification in the app), but I did get the notification about hands free being available. Immediately got on the highway and it worked!!!!
1E15B99C-1AA2-42CA-B045-CFF2CE85F3B2.jpeg

411B8A52-B8E9-45A4-A65E-8F5FE93C0D1B.jpeg
C5776CE2-3633-42D2-B3D9-5358E6C4F85D.jpeg
Welp, it was nice while it lasted. I went out tonight to go for a drive and my phone was ent connecting via CarPlay, so I didnā€™t a sync reboot and CarPlay came back. Got on the highway and no blue cruise anymore. I get the notification that blue cruise is available, but it never kicks in.
Iā€™m wondering if where I donā€™t have 2.8.3 yet, which adds the options for Blue Cruise, the sync reboot somehow screwed it up. I donā€™t have a line for a map date in the sync screen either.

Has anyone else had this happen? I tried leaving the car off for 10 minutes and then going for another drive, no luck.

Update: seems to be back working again thankfully.

Last edited:

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've gotten so many updates in the past two weeks that I've lost count... Still no bluecruise for me though. I think I got 3 or 3 updates last week, this week I've gotten two so far.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If you turn off Automatic Updates it makes it easier to know if youā€™ve got an update incoming because it will give you a notification in FordPass and the widget that you have to accept to install it.

Deleted member 4669

Can confirm 2.8.3 plus the map update worked. Used blue cruise for the first time last night. Worked pretty well. However the highway I was on kind of has a series of left right back and forth wide turns and it seems to keep ping ponging between outer Lines so itā€™s not super smooth. Also tends to hug line on the right when in the left lane so it feels too close to cars in the other lane at times.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still no retry on 2.7.3 so my MME is in OTA purgatory until Ford pushes or I FDRS the thing.

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
2.60 update on Job 1 (May 2021 build), non-EA. My FordPass app is not updating which I bet is mentioned somewhere else on this forum. Solutions?
Updating this. After 2.60 update my FordPass didn't work for 2 days. I called the FordPass help desk and they tried to fix it. They said my car's modem was turned off and all the master resets and key cycles didn't fix it. They even made an appointment with my dealer. A few hours later, I started getting FordPass notifications again. I called the help desk back and my modem was back on. I reset everything up again and it all seems normal except my version no longer says 2.60 but only "Your system is up-to-date." Wonder what version I'm on nowšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I get that blue cruise takes multiple updates and then cannot push them all at once. I get that some need for patience is required, but this is really getting sad.

I'm sitting at 2.7.4 now for a week, and I know, at least I got something, some people are sitting at 2.6.0 or whatever... But ultimately, the number doesn't matter if nothing significant changes until 2.8.2..

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I get that blue cruise takes multiple updates and then cannot push them all at once. I get that some need for patience is required, but this is really getting sad.

I'm sitting at 2.7.4 now for a week, and I know, at least I got something, some people are sitting at 2.6.0 or whatever... But ultimately, the number doesn't matter if nothing significant changes until 2.8.2..
Iā€™d trust that Ford is making sure when you do get it, it installs correctly. Iā€™ve been told they are doing just that.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
So, I got BlueCruise installed at the dealer in addition to getting some other software that got me off of 1.7.1. BlueCruise didn't work after that. But, I did start to immediately get updates, and I am up to 2.8.3 and initiated BlueCruise through connected services. Again, no BlueCruise. I don't know if there is supposed to be a mention of it in the center console, but there is nothing there.

What do you think the issue is now?

Deleted member 4669

So, I got BlueCruise installed at the dealer in addition to getting some other software that got me off of 1.7.1. BlueCruise didn't work after that. But, I did start to immediately get updates, and I am up to 2.8.3 and initiated BlueCruise through connected services. Again, no BlueCruise. I don't know if there is supposed to be a mention of it in the center console, but there is nothing there.

What do you think the issue is now?
there was some sort of additional map update I needed to get mine working post 2.8.3.
Sponsored