BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)!

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I think that is 2.8.1, that's when I started getting that message. I've heard some people with 2.8.2 still had issues, something to do with the map expiration date..
Yeah, 2.8.1 was when that appeared in my car. Surprisingly, 2.8.2 wasn't a scheduled OTA. Loaded while driving home.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yeah, 2.8.1 was when that appeared in my car. Surprisingly, 2.8.2 wasn't a scheduled OTA. Loaded while driving home.
I think 2.8.1 was the bulk of it, and 2.8.2 seems like the switch (just a guess). Probably just a hidden setting that can be turned off and on easily by Ford.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Installed 2.7.4 on 5/31. No updates or attempts at updates since.

Starting to wonder whether I will get BC before I trade the car in ~1.5mo. I'm not complaining, but it would be funny if Ford could build a car with BC before they could update one. :)
Two weeks seems to be the break between 2.7.4 and 2.8.1

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
I got 2.8.2 yesterday as well with notification of activation but still don't see handsfree selection in settings. Is there anything else I need to do to activate? Shows it activated in Ford.com as well
Nothing else to do. You go on the freeway that's supported by blue cruise and turn on lane centering and cruise control, that is all.

Last edited:

stangmatt21

First Name
Matt | macheauto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
threads.net
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '22 Lightning, VW R32, '66 Must Conv.
Occupation
Digital Product Manager
Country flag
There’s no selection to be made in settings. When you turn on lane-centering and the highway is pre-mapped, hands—free will kick in automatically.

I got 2.8.2 yesterday as well with notification of activation but still don't see handsfree selection in settings. Is there anything else I need to do to activate? Shows it activated in Ford.com as well

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
There’s no selection to be made in settings. When you turn on lane-centering and the highway is pre-mapped, hands—free will kick in automatically.
Yeah, looking at the map of my area, looks like only the interstates are there right now

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Two weeks seems to be the break between 2.7.4 and 2.8.1
Darn, we have to wait two weeks?? :(
The deployement is not consistent at all, from what I see there are some people that get 2.7.4 and then 2.8.1 the next day, while others have to wait days or weeks.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, I know I'm getting messages to keep my eyes on the road so parts of it appears to be ready
Try a forced restart of SYNC holding -> and OK. Then check in settings to see if Lane Centering with Hands Free is in the Cruise Control options.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yeah, looking at the map of my area, looks like only the interstates are there right now
Your cruise control on the driver screen will turn ALL blue when hands-free is active. This means BlueCruise is active. I got 2.8.2 yesterday and am not seeing the "hands-free" setting either.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Any Canadians get the Blue Cruise uodate? I got a letter from Ford saying I would receive it and have 1 year free. I'm 2.7.3

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
The deployement is not consistent at all, from what I see there are some people that get 2.7.4 and then 2.8.1 the next day, while others have to wait days or weeks.
Magic 8-Ball Deployment!

KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Hope I'm in the next day category. After Tuesday's second 2.7.3 update, got 2.7.4 today (Thursday). Job 1, May 2021, non-EA.
Sponsored