BlueCruise going out OTA to regular plebs (non-EA owners)!

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
Mine stopped after a failed update in Feb. I took the initiative and finished it with FDRS.
I wonder if FDRS will work with my Snapon pass thru pro. I could use it to update modules.
Sponsored

katumba1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Infinite Blue, 2018 Expedition
Country flag
Wife went from Cedar City to Vegas with BC virtually all the way. She didn't fully charge before leaving and got stuck in traffic along the way, and barely made it lol. She pulled in with 1% 2miles left.

MadLaserist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD ER Space White
Country flag
2.8.2 installed today after work. Out for a short drive on Rt1 N and 295 S. No issues and lane centering works better than before. Right down the middle. That's a win win I think. 2200 miles of interstate driving starting in 3 days.

Make it so #1

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I got 2.8.2 today (21G01) and haven’t yet tested it. I want 21P22. I wonder when that OTA will come?

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Just got update successful for Blue Cruise 2.8.2. My Wife is NOT looking forward to this! Lol
same here. I got 2.8.2 last week and today was the first time I got to test it. My wife freaked out a little but let me do my thing. It will take her a while to accept it. She is just glad there are not many blue cruise roads on a lot of our drives.

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
I got 2.8.2 today and tested it. My first impression is that it needs a lot more work. I drove from Inland Empire to SFV and back. Heading west BC worked most of the trip. It shut off for a mile or two in a couple of spots. The steering around curves is not fluid but jerky. On the way back in stop-and-go traffic it would not turn on. I will need more testing but for now, I am not really impressed. This is more of a toy than a tool. I was hoping for more after waiting for so long.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Just checked Connected Services and Blue Cruise Trial expiration is showing 6/21/23. That should be plenty of time for me to decide if its worth paying extra for?

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Got my final OTA last week and finally took it out on the interstate which is a Bluecruise area, came up but I do agree that the lane centering tends to lean to the right and curves aren't super smooth. Hopefully they'll work those out as they acquire more data. It seems that only interstates right now are mapped, hopefully they'll get the state roads. My commute doesn't include any interstates so won't use it much.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
My dealer told me that for bluecruise, I need to take my car to the dealership, give it to them for 72 hours because it takes that long?
IIRC from other threads the dealer install via laptop/FDRS does take longer than OTAs. That was the choice for some of service updates for PaaK, etc... get it 'now' but leave it with the dealer for a while (and hope they remember to hook up the LVB as instructed) or just wait for the OTA to arrive in background.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I got to see the Blue Cruise is On message for the first time this morning but it doesn’t work on Hwy 27 which is a major 6 lane divided highway!
Sponsored