djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
Can anyone confirm some of the interstates they have gotten BlueCruise hands-free to work in the state of Illinois? I live near interstates 72, 74, and 55 and none of them seem to work for hands-free. According to the terribly detailed map provided by Ford, it looks as though hands-free should work on 74 but I have no idea now that I've tested it. TIA
Sponsored

adamtstipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Traverse, 2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I don't drive that interstate, but I drive I-44 in Missouri all the time and it's completely random when it works. It probably works 25% of the time. This weekend it worked for one trip for me at around 50 miles. Then on the way back did not work. Then the next day, same interstate, did not work to my destination or back.

It's pretty frustrating and I have no idea what makes it activate or not.

YeastLyfe

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I'll be driving from Chicago to St. Louis and back at the end of the week. I'll report back on my experience. I recently took 294/94 from Chicago to Milwaukee and back and it worked great for the whole trip.

YeastLyfe

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Reporting back. I took 55 all the way from Chicago to St. Louis and back and used BlueCruise the whole time. Worked great! There were the expected disengagements at poorly marked constructions zones but other than that, it was flawless. It made for a very pleasant drive. We've had the car since December 2021 and this is the first road trip I've taken requiring DCFC. I stopped at both Electrify America stations (Bloomington, IL and Springfield, IL) to check things out. No problems in Bloomington but it took three stalls to get one that would charge in Springfield. That was in addition to another stall that was already offline. Didn't matter because there was no one else charging but I was getting nervous after the first two!

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
Moved June 2 from rural Woodford County between Bloomington-Normal and Peoria. Drove I-74 between Peoria and Champaign using BC and I-55 often using BlueCruise, even driving up north to Lemont. Also, I-155 from Morton to Lincoln. I-270 beginning in Illinois around St. Louis. I think we drove I-72 using BC also.
Sponsored