BlueCruise Hands Free stopped working today.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Drove my normal routes today where I usually use blue cruise hands-free without a problem. The system will only operate in hands-on mode. Also, no prompts showing blue cruise availability. Anyone else?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That happens sometimes. Might work normally on your next trip through that area.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Drove my normal routes today where I usually use blue cruise hands-free without a problem. The system will only operate in hands-on mode. Also, no prompts showing blue cruise availability. Anyone else?
Same. Worked fine on my commute to work this morning, then would only work in hands-on mode coming home this afternoon.

Edredius

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium stb awd
Country flag
Mine had always worked consistently fine. Then I had an update for one of my modules from the dealer and then hands-free stopped working and hasn't worked since. I brought it to them to figure it out and they haven't been able to. So they've been discussing you with Ford. At least I talk to him to give him my car back while they figured it out

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many of us got an update last night...

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Still no hands free mode in my 23 tonight. Maybe I need a map update already?

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No map update needed, about sync shows hands free mode available until 13-04-2023. Connected services still shows bluecruise activated and it's turned on in the car's settings. Not sure what is going on. :(

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Mine had always worked consistently fine. Then I had an update for one of my modules from the dealer and then hands-free stopped working and hasn't worked since. I brought it to them to figure it out and they haven't been able to. So they've been discussing you with Ford. At least I talk to him to give him my car back while they figured it out
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
BlueCruise worked perfectly tonight. No idea what the problem was earlier in the week, but I'm glad it's working again.

Adventurebound

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 2022 Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
My blue cruise stopped working completely on my mache about 4 months ago - I think after an update also. It's strange though when I log in as "guest" driver - it works! I have double checked all my settings on my profile and everything is clicked to work? any suggestions?

Edredius

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium stb awd
Country flag
Here is what I learned that is now fixed. By suggestion, I looked under my settings, general and looked at the synch version ( I think that is the option). Under there, I saw my handsfree had expired in October (it's the maps) which basically needed an OTA to catch me up that I just got. Now it shows it expiring in April of 23. I haven't tried it yet, but it makes sense. Good luck.

Keith

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I finally got the complete update a few weeks ago. BC worked twice so far, maybe 2 out of 10 trips on the same freeway. It was kind of neat (though it did make me pee a little on a sharp curve), but with the need to keep your hands on the wheel, unless I'm missing something, I don't really see the point, so I'm not mad that it rarely works.

Edit: For me at least it kept telling me to put my hands on the wheel. My screen was blue at the time and it was active, but whenever I removed my hands for a few seconds, it started prompting me to put them back on. If it ever activates again I'll make double-extra sure it's truly engaged before I totally give up on the concept.

Last edited:

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
Hands free on my brand new 2023 worked for a grand total of 1 trip, the first trip home. Since then, on the same highways, it has never offered me hands free again. Of course after that first trip I created a profile and went through and tweaked all the settings, but left hands free and other related options turned on.I tried using the guest profile, and still no hands free for me. I PMd the the Ford account here and she started a case for me. No response on that yet.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hands free on my brand new 2023 worked for a grand total of 1 trip, the first trip home. Since then, on the same highways, it has never offered me hands free again. Of course after that first trip I created a profile and went through and tweaked all the settings, but left hands free and other related options turned on.I tried using the guest profile, and still no hands free for me. I PMd the the Ford account here and she started a case for me. No response on that yet.
Check your map expiration date, see my above post.
Sponsored