Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
I posted in another thread, but it seems to have lost interest. I understand the idea of BlueCruise. I understand that while driving down a covered road, you switch on cruise with lane centering on, and if the road is capable, BlueCruise automatically kicks in.

For background, I'm driving a MME GTPE built at the end of September. When I read the manual, one of the instructions is that I must first enable cruise with hands free, but cruise with hands free is not an option in the cruise control options on my car. Is that an error in the manual?

Second, I tend to use Apple Maps a lot. Do I need to be using the Ford Sync mapping before it kicks in? And if I'm using Apple Maps, does that prevent it from kicking in?

Finally, this may just be a feature of never driving on the right roads. Is there anyone from the Phoenix area who knows more precisely which roads are BlueCruise capable?
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Does your MME have the BlueCruise option?

If yes then make sure hands free is enabled in driver assist settings - cruise control along with adaptive cruise control OR intelligent cruise control.

Once those are enabled you simply turn on adaptive cruise control and turn on lane centering and BlueCruise will engage on any capable road. The maps application you're using does not matter.

Basically all interstates work with BC. Limited access multi lane roads with hard divides.

OP
OP

Lloydian

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
Does your MME have the BlueCruise option?
I guess that's my question. It's supposed to have it. The window label includes "FORD CO-PILOT360 ASSIST2.0", and as I understood it, all Performance Editions come with it. And yes, I've enabled "Adaptive Cruise Control," but I'm confused that the manual tells me that I need to enable "Hands Free." For anyone who has used it, is that part of the manual inaccurate? Do I simply need to enable "Adaptive Cruise Control"?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The window sticker will say "BLUECRUISE" on it below Ford CO-Pilot360 Active 2.0. GT and GTPE Bluecruise is optional. You don't have the active so it sounds like you don't have the option. For 2021 it is a $1900 option and also includes the glass roof I'm pretty sure for an additional $1300.

Do you have the camera directly above and behind the center steering wheel on the steering column?

You must have hands free enabled in the settings but you simply enable adaptive cruise while lane assistance system is on and it activates automatically.

My window sticker for example:
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise I Have Questions 1636670008388

OP
OP

Lloydian

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
Well that answers it. I don't have the glass roof. I personally despise glass roofs (it's just me). Okay. Good to know.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I have a question about adaptive cruise control - when I engage it, does it start from my current speed, or based on the speed limit of the road if I have that option enabled? I think that when I tried it the first time, the car was accelerating from 38 to 35+9 in a 35 mph zone (I had the tolerance set to 9 mph), but I haven't experienced the same since that time.

And about BlueCruise - I've got a message that it's available on the road I was driving on, asking to initiate the cruise control and then press OK, but it did not start hands-free mode, it was just a regular cruise control with lane centering and hands-on wheel image on the screen.

OP
OP

Lloydian

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Bookkeeper
Country flag
I'm obviously not a pro at this (hence me starting a topic that had an easy answer), but if you're first turning on cruise, it sets at your current speed. If it's already been on but has disengaged for any reason other than bringing itself to a stop due to traffic, hitting set will set the cruise at your current speed. But if the reason you're stopped is due to traffic, once you're moving again, you're set, and hitting the set or coast control merely changes your target speed.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I have a question about adaptive cruise control - when I engage it, does it start from my current speed, or based on the speed limit of the road if I have that option enabled? I think that when I tried it the first time, the car was accelerating from 38 to 35+9 in a 35 mph zone (I had the tolerance set to 9 mph), but I haven't experienced the same since that time.

And about BlueCruise - I've got a message that it's available on the road I was driving on, asking to initiate the cruise control and then press OK, but it did not start hands-free mode, it was just a regular cruise control with lane centering and hands-on wheel image on the screen.
First time setting it or turning it on it sets to your speed. If you have intelligent cruise enabled when it passes the next speed limit sign (or what it thinks is one) it will then adjust to that speed limit plus or minus your set tolerance.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag

Adaptive cruise control maintains the speed you set but will automatically reduce speed when encountering slower traffic. When traffic speeds up again, it will also speed up again until it reaches the speed you set. But it does not change the speed you set.

Intelligent cruise control reads road signs (including temporary signs) and automatically changes the set speed when the speed limit changes.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It asks me every time I first switch it on to "OK" the use of BC. So an extra step is needed to activate it. Once activated per drive, it can be turned on and off without any issue. The one thing that bugs me about it is that if I hold the steering wheel at the top, it complains that I need to keep eyes on road since it can't see my eyes in that case. Have to get used to not driving like that.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Thank you all for your answers!
I guess my first impression was incorrect (after all, it was the first day of real driving my MME) and speed doesn't increase automatically above the initially set value; it can decrease based on the speed limit and then go back up based on the next sign, but will not go above the originally set one. I definitely want to test it.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
First time setting it or turning it on it sets to your speed. If you have intelligent cruise enabled when it passes the next speed limit sign (or what it thinks is one) it will then adjust to that speed limit plus or minus your set tolerance.
It will not adjust it up, right? Today I set my cruise to 48 on a 50 mph road a few hundred feet before the sign, and passing it did not change the speed. Next time I will set it to 62 or something to see if my speed will go down to 57 based on the sign and tolerance.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It will not adjust it up, right? Today I set my cruise to 48 on a 50 mph road a few hundred feet before the sign, and passing it did not change the speed. Next time I will set it to 62 or something to see if my speed will go down to 57 based on the sign and tolerance.
If on intelligent cruise it will adjust to the speed limit, even if it goes up. If on normal adaptive cruise it will not adjust any time.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
If on intelligent cruise it will adjust to the speed limit, even if it goes up. If on normal adaptive cruise it will not adjust any time.
It didn't in my test.
This setting means it's "intelligent", right?
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise I Have Questions driver assistance sm
Sponsored