First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It didn't in my test.
This setting means it's "intelligent", right?
driver assistance sm.jpg
OH I forgot they changed it in the newer vehicles with BC. You just have to have speed sign recognition on then it is intelligent. I have that turned off. Sorry, the older software has a separate setting for intelligent cruise control.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I'm back with more questions, this time more "handsfree" oriented.
I had a few times a message that BlueCruise is available on the road and suggested to turn on the cruise control, which I did, but there was no hands-free image on the screen, it was regular adaptive cruise control with lane-centering bubble on the screen.

In my settings the hands-free option doesn't have an expiration date - does it mean it's not installed? Does anyone have the same?

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise I Have Questions sync settings sm

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I'm back with more questions, this time more "handsfree" oriented.
I had a few times a message that BlueCruise is available on the road and suggested to turn on the cruise control, which I did, but there was no hands-free image on the screen, it was regular adaptive cruise control with lane-centering bubble on the screen.

In my settings the hands-free option doesn't have an expiration date - does it mean it's not installed? Does anyone have the same?

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise I Have Questions sync settings sm
I believe you have it. Mine always says BC is enabled even on non-BC roads. It definitely gives you a false impression that it’s available on a stretch of road that isn’t actually a BC road.

breadtree

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT PE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So is this saying that BlueCruise is standard except if you have a GT or GTPE? What about Co-Pilot360? Weird to take features away when paying more for the car.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So is this saying that BlueCruise is standard except if you have a GT or GTPE? What about Co-Pilot360? Weird to take features away when paying more for the car.
Ford doesn't usually make all their higher tech packages standard on Sport or performance trims. They give you the option on those because a lot of people that get those trims want to reduce weight, and don't care to spend money on features like that.

But then there's people like me, that want performance, and all the available tech I can get. So they make it optional.

breadtree

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT PE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford doesn't usually make all their higher tech packages standard on Sport or performance trims. They give you the option on those because a lot of people that get those trims want to reduce weight, and don't care to spend money on features like that.

But then there's people like me, that want performance, and all the available tech I can get. So they make it optional.
What's annoying is that those options weren't there in 2021 when I built the car online, but they are now in 2022 when the car is getting built.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm obviously not a pro at this (hence me starting a topic that had an easy answer), but if you're first turning on cruise, it sets at your current speed. If it's already been on but has disengaged for any reason other than bringing itself to a stop due to traffic, hitting set will set the cruise at your current speed. But if the reason you're stopped is due to traffic, once you're moving again, you're set, and hitting the set or coast control merely changes your target speed.
One other feature: if the speed limit changes on the road I am on, like from 65 to 55, then the speed setting will drop to the posted speed + amount you have chosen to be over. My setting is 5 mph over posted speed limit, so going from a 65 mph zone (set to 70 mph cruise speed) to a 55 mph zone my MME will suddenly begin to coast down until it reaches 60 mph. Surprises me every once in a while. Seems to be an excellent feature to avoid speed traps where posted speed limit drops from 55 mph to 35 mph in a very short distance. If I start a cruise setting above my 5 mph over amount, then the speed set number on the dash flashes, but the car accepts it. If the zone changes, then it well reset to my 5 mph over number.
Sponsored