BlueCruise in Europe?

Mach-E-Ato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E ER AWD First Edition
Country flag
Can the European Mach-E owners expect that one day BlueCruise will be available in Europe, or is it US/Canada exclusive?

It's so strange that there is no information anywhere about this. Or at least I did not find it.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Can the European Mach-E owners expect that one day BlueCruise will be available in Europe, or is it US/Canada exclusive?

It's so strange that there is no information anywhere about this. Or at least I did not find it.
I'm sure there is a plan to release BC in Europe, but I am not the least bit surprised that you can find no information about it. Communication is not Ford's strength.

OP
OP
Mach-E-Ato

Mach-E-Ato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E ER AWD First Edition
Country flag
I'm sure there is a plan to release BC in Europe, but I am not the least bit surprised that you can find no information about it. Communication is not Ford's strength.
Indeed, Ford's communication is not the best.

But actually, let me rephrase my surprise. And this will make it a level higher than surprising: you won't find in the internet anyone asking this very same question. No news websites, no owner forums, no consumer websites, no Reddit entries, nothing. As of now you literally cannot find any Google meaningful results that have the terms "BlueCruise" and "Europe". It kind of makes you wonder... what am I missing??

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Search with this frase and see it is very unclear what is legally allowed....

"autonomous driving cars and EU regulation"

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Search with this frase and see it is very unclear what is legally allowed....

"autonomous driving cars and EU regulation"
Not sure if it helps any, but BlueCruise isn't autonomous. It's hands-free, but requires an attentive human driver at all times.

Maybe there is an EU regulation against hands-free driving for now? I don't know?

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Hmm I know what you mean, but the regulation is extremely difficult because each country stil has it's own laws.
So until there is a clear EU regulation regarding all different levels of assisted/autonomous driving I don't expect Ford going thru each country for a BlueCruise map.
Just my 2 cents?

As far as I know Tesla Autopilot is not (yet) active here

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Indeed, Ford's communication is not the best.

But actually, let me rephrase my surprise. And this will make it a level higher than surprising: you won't find in the internet anyone asking this very same question. No news websites, no owner forums, no consumer websites, no Reddit entries, nothing. As of now you literally cannot find any Google meaningful results that have the terms "BlueCruise" and "Europe". It kind of makes you wonder... what am I missing??
Hmm I know what you mean, but the regulation is extremely difficult because each country stil has it's own laws.
So until there is a clear EU regulation regarding all different levels of assisted/autonomous driving I don't expect Ford going thru each country for a BlueCruise map.
Just my 2 cents?

As far as I know Tesla Autopilot is not (yet) active here
Are either of you able to use the adaptive cruise control together with the auto lane centering feature- or is GM's supercruise available in the EU? If not, then I would expect BC not to be available either. If you are, then maybe there's some regulations that have to be dealt with first.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Are either of you able to use the adaptive cruise control together with the auto lane centering feature- or is GM's supercruise available in the EU? If not, then I would expect BC not to be available either. If you are, then maybe there's some regulations that have to be dealt with first.
We have ACC and Lane assist and Lane centering, I think it is allowed for 10 of 15 seconds than you have to give the steering wheel some resistance. Same as in other cars/manufacturers as my previous VW e-Golf.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We have ACC and Lane assist and Lane centering, I think it is allowed for 10 of 15 seconds than you have to give the steering wheel some resistance. Same as in other cars/manufacturers as my previous VW e-Golf.
OK, that's good - then it may eventually be available. I'm guessing that the regulators in the EU have clamped down on autonomous systems due to Tesla, and Ford might have to prove its safety first - but I have no information on that.

It's always some arrogant jerk who thinks he's the center of the universe that ruins things for everybody.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Firstly I think it has to have roads that are mapped. Anyone know if European roads are at all mapped?

Senn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I have asked Ford in Denmark, they told me that hands-free driving are on its way, maybe with next update. If you buy a Mach E with at least 1 of the tech packages then you will get the hardware for hands-free driving.

Blue-cruise is should be postponed a bit do to a lot of fatal errors in Teslas autopilot which should have some similarities.

Hapsdoggen

First Name
Mads Holm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang E-Mach RWD 98KW
Occupation
Car Body repair
Country flag
Any news of this in denmark?
I have asked Ford in Denmark, they told me that hands-free driving are on its way, maybe with next update. If you buy a Mach E with at least 1 of the tech packages then you will get the hardware for hands-free driving.

Blue-cruise is should be postponed a bit do to a lot of fatal errors in Teslas autopilot which should have some similarities.
Any update on this in Denmark

Erkan7g

First Name
Erkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag

Yes any update on it? while it is is avalaible in US more than 1 year why we cant have it in EU ?

Elektronik

First Name
Olegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD standard battery
Country flag
Yes any update on it? while it is is avalaible in US more than 1 year why we cant have it in EU ?
@Ford Motor Company do not care about customers in Europe. Can see that with updates. USA guys on 4.2.4., europeans happy with 3.5.2 in January. no battery updates, nothing. Buying car by 70k eur I need to search wires and do RFDR updates myself in the garage, bullshit :D

Erkan7g

First Name
Erkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company do not care about customers in Europe. Can see that with updates. USA guys on 4.2.4., europeans happy with 3.5.2 in January. no battery updates, nothing. Buying car by 70k eur I need to search wires and do RFDR updates myself in the garage, bullshit :D
Yes it is really annoying. What is RFDR ? Do you mean With FDRS ? are we able to bring this US updates manually to our cars or only when ford release update we can have them ?
Sponsored