Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
I was hoping to get some advice from the community on how I might proceed with BlueCruise. I have a 2021 Mach-e premium, one-year-old now, and just had my 10,000-mile service (tire rotation). I have been waiting for BlueCruise ever since I got my vehicle. I've had various communications from Ford indicating it was coming soon, the last one came in the mail a few months ago and said I could wait for the over-the-air update or take it to the dealer. After waiting for the over-air update to occur (which didn't), when I took it in for the 10,000-mile service I asked them to do the BlueCruise update. They had my car for four days. They indicated Ford told them my subscription had expired and Ford would not authorize the software download. I even got Ford and the dealer on the phone together with me where the Ford person basically said the same thing, my subscription had expired (even though I never had an opportunity to install it), and the dealer could do the software install but they would charge me for doing that. The dealer said they would charge $2,000 to install BlueCruise. They said it was an 8-hour download and they would have to babysit it. After getting my car back I called the BlueCruise dept and again they said the same thing. The subscription has expired, have to pay for BlueCruise and try some other dealers. We don't have many dealers and I will call all of them to see if anyone else can do it for less but wondered if anyone else has dealt with this. They also told me I could not get BlueCruise via over-the-air update as Ford has paused those due to issues (maybe just BlueCruise updates because I have gotten other OTA updates). I'm really frustrated with the local dealer where I bought the car and hoping another dealer may give me a different answer but I'm not optimistic.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Start by contacting another dealer because what your current dealer is telling you doesn't sound right at all. Even if you're no longer eligible for a free trial subscription, it would be something like $600/ 3 yrs, and $0 to install.
Maybe someone in the regional forum for your area would have a recommendation.

OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
That's what I thought, I would have no issue paying $600 for a subscription but $2,000 seems out of bounds to me.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Sounds like a bunch of BS. Send me your VIN. If you have the campaign for BC updates then you qualify for the 3 free years and should get it for free.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Start by contacting another dealer because what your current dealer is telling you doesn't sound right at all. Even if you're no longer eligible for a free trial subscription, it would be something like $600/ 3 yrs, and $0 to install.
Maybe someone in the regional forum for your area would have a recommendation.
Here's the issue.

2021 gets a year free of BlueCruise due to it being late.
The installation of BlueCruise was to be OTA, OR at the dealer - but that expired at the end of September. OP had 6 months (?) to get to the dealer, but many found dealers weren't prepared to do it.

Unless Ford extends the dates, the dealers aren't going to do it for free.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Here's the issue.

2021 gets a year free of BlueCruise due to it being late.
The installation of BlueCruise was to be OTA, OR at the dealer - but that expired at the end of September. OP had 6 months (?) to get to the dealer, but many found dealers weren't prepared to do it.

Unless Ford extends the dates, the dealers aren't going to do it for free.
Ahh, that does sound like the issue.

Still, it leaves the OP in an unfortunate situation through no fault of his own. I would have assumed Ford shutdown the dealer BC install program *because* the OTA had caught up with all the cars it needed to.

OP -- you may consider reading the DIY FDRS thread and getting your vehicle updated yourself. Shouldn't have to be that way, but it will get you up and running with BlueCruise and all other updates you haven't gotten.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ach-e-with-fdrs-alternative-to-forscan.10217/

OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Yes, I think that is the issue. I did not get my car to the dealer in time so now I have to pay. I'm OK paying but $2,000 seems way out of line for what is essentially a software update. I have seen the posts on FDRS, just not sure I want to try going that route on my own.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I think that is the issue. I did not get my car to the dealer in time so now I have to pay. I'm OK paying but $2,000 seems way out of line for what is essentially a software update. I have seen the posts on FDRS, just not sure I want to try going that route on my own.
I would expect that since so many cars didn't get update, Ford MAY extend the date.

But as to the cost being high, for some it took 2 days. If you assume just 8 hours, it's $1,000 in labor, assuming the tech just sits and stares at it.

OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Sounds like a bunch of BS. Send me your VIN. If you have the campaign for BC updates then you qualify for the 3 free years and should get it for free.
Might be a duplicate message but here is my VIN: 3FMTK3SU1MMA10785. I thought I was supposed to have the free three years but that's not what they are telling me.

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
Reach out to Gimme_my_MME. I received a direct message from him a few days ago indicating that someone was working on trying to work with Ford and Dealers to get 21G01 reinstated and to provide him with my VIN if possible (which I did). I had indicated on another thread that by the time my dealer could get me in, it had expired (by 4 days) and they would not do it.

Got a message today from the dealer indicating Ford had called them about my VIN and that they were now going to get Ford authorization to install it and that they would get back to me to schedule a date to bring it in. The dealer did say it was an 8-hour install (don't think they were happy with that).

So, it sounds like Ford may be working on a resolution.

OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Thanks, he did reach out to me and I provided him with my VIN. Your story sounds similar to mine, just hope I have the same resolution you got. Dealers don't seem to be too happy about working on these.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Might be a duplicate message but here is my VIN: 3FMTK3SU1MMA10785. I thought I was supposed to have the free three years but that's not what they are telling me.
This depends on when your car was built. I believe April and Earlier builds would just get the 1 year free, but after April, they raised the price of the premium by $600 and included the 3 years for free.

OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Well, I got BlueCruise delivered via two recent over-the-air updates and tested it today and it worked great! I appreciate the help from a couple of people who reached out for my VIN and must have been able to do something to get me back on the Ford list. Thanks!

Stan

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise issues - advice appreciated 1669233904441

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Well, I got BlueCruise delivered via two recent over-the-air updates and tested it today and it worked great! I appreciate the help from a couple of people who reached out for my VIN and must have been able to do something to get me back on the Ford list. Thanks!
Glad to hear it! The relationship with dealers is absurd - creating a situation where Ford screwing up gives dealers and opportunity to gouge everyone just creates a perverse incentive where dealerships are motivated to be difficult, and de-motivated to help fix real problems for the customers.
Sponsored