Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ah thanks! I don't want to get my hopes up, since we've been let down so many times. But we were told Q1 (and when any company says that I naturally assume the last day of the quarter), and the end of Q1 is March, which is early spring. All the spokesperson said was "spring". So to my eye that makes sense
I suspect it’ll begin rolling out to early access people in early spring . It would not surprise me to have the roll outs of it to the job 1 cars take until late spring though.
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I suspect it’ll begin rolling out to early access people in early spring . It would not surprise me to have the roll outs of it to the job 1 cars take until late spring though.
Hopefully it'll only be a 2-3 week gap like the last 2 updates

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
First, you're assuming that Ford uses goalposts.

Second, a moderator in a chat is hardly a spokesperson for Ford.

The CEO said, in a financial call, Q1. For them to miss that would be significant.
Not really... they've been delaying BlueCruise since last year, lol. To delay it one more time it definitely not going to have stock impact, especially since BlueCruise is out now, it is just delayed for Job 1 cars, which are going to be accounting for less and less of Mach-Es on the road.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
First, you're assuming that Ford uses goalposts.

Second, a moderator in a chat is hardly a spokesperson for Ford.

The CEO said, in a financial call, Q1. For them to miss that would be significant.
We will see ? I’m pretty sure a bunch of analysts aren’t going to care about a couple thousand units of over 1 year old cars, when they’re starstruck with visions of hundreds of thousands of units of high margin lightnings (and regular F150s). Oh, and getting so many orders for Maverick, they had to say “no, please stop! We’re too swamped!”

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If you have BlueCruise, PLEASE make sure you have auto updates enabled. If you don't update when this rolls out, BlueCruise will STOP working with no telltale to you until this update completes .

Last edited:

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait, really?
Yes, this is why an email was sent to ensure you have updates enabled to prevent your BlueCruise from becoming disabled due to having an "expired" map

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That could have been in the email, no? :rolleyes:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It was. Read the last sentence
You said "If you have BlueCruise, PLEASE make sure you have auto updates enabled. If you don't update when this rolls out, BlueCruise will STOP working with no telltale to you until this update completes."

The email said, "Without regular map updates, you may not be able to use the Ford BlueCruise feature."

That must have been drafted by the Legal Department, because your statement is absolute (it won't work) and says you won't know why it isn't working.

The email stays you MAY not be able to use it, if you don't get regular updates. That's not anywhere near what you're saying, and in fact implies you could delay an update and wait, and might not have any issue.

Scorpy2643

First Name
Scorpy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD, 2018 F350 Platinum
Country flag
Well if you believe Ford we will all have BC available by the end of March. haha Who believes this after all the failed promises.
Exactly. This is great for anyone whose Mach can receive updates. Mine has been in the shop siz times since last July due to update problems. Now I'm in the very popular 1.7.1 stuck club. We are initiating a lemon law claim this week. I'm done with paying Ford to be a beta tester for their inept software monkeys.

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You said "If you have BlueCruise, PLEASE make sure you have auto updates enabled. If you don't update when this rolls out, BlueCruise will STOP working with no telltale to you until this update completes."

The email said, "Without regular map updates, you may not be able to use the Ford BlueCruise feature."

That must have been drafted by the Legal Department, because your statement is absolute (it won't work) and says you won't know why it isn't working.

The email stays you MAY not be able to use it, if you don't get regular updates. That's not anywhere near what you're saying, and in fact implies you could delay an update and wait, and might not have any issue.
Was just trying to help my forum family, not start an internet debate. Sorry for trying to help.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was just trying to help my forum family, not start an internet debate. Sorry for trying to help.
You have to be super careful about the language you use, don't EVER talk in absolutes, jesus, don't you know what will happen!?!?!? /s

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exactly. This is great for anyone whose Mach can receive updates. Mine has been in the shop siz times since last July due to update problems. Now I'm in the very popular 1.7.1 stuck club. We are initiating a lemon law claim this week. I'm done with paying Ford to be a beta tester for their inept software monkeys.
Well, this is purely for Job 2 cars that have BlueCruise and haven't gotten any OTA updates. I hope you're not trying to lemon law it over software updates... especially when Ford has already said a fix is coming in February or March for those stuck on 1.7.1. That would be an uphill battle.

DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
Having never received an OTA update, but having received this email, do you suspect I should look for the update Icon that is the same as the one for PowerUp update (seeing as this is not the same kind of update)? In other words, how will I know when this has happened?
Sponsored