RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The most obvious thing people should be coaching is that when Blue Cruise is active, the entire screen's background is...blue. When it is inactive (but other features like lane assist may be on), the screen's background is black. Simple.
So what do you call the background in post #87?
Sponsored

DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
So what do you call the background in post #87?
That background is blue. HOWEVER, there is a possible caveat in that you are showing the first time active warning screen (this warning doesn't come on again when pushing the cancel/reactivate button). While I feel that BlueCruise is active while I have that screen on, it's probably hard to know for sure since lane assist will feel the same and I usually mash 'ok' faster than the car would yell at me to get my hands on. So I don't 100% know that it isn't actually waiting for you to consent before it really activates.

If the screen background stays that color after you hit ok, you are definitely in active BlueCruise.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That background is blue. HOWEVER, there is a possible caveat in that you are showing the first time active warning screen (this warning doesn't come on again when pushing the cancel/reactivate button). While I feel that BlueCruise is active while I have that screen on, it's probably hard to know for sure since lane assist will feel the same and I usually mash 'ok' faster than the car would yell at me to get my hands on. So I don't 100% know that it isn't actually waiting for you to consent before it really activates.

If the screen background stays that color after you hit ok, you are definitely in active BlueCruise.
Caveat - I don't have BlueCruise yet.

To me, if that comes up, and I'm driving on a non-BC road, then it shouldn't say BlueCruise. Nor should be blue. I believe that is exactly the case with that picture, which someone else posted and I merely copied.

I believe that some idiot at Ford got the bright idea to do some renaming, and slapped the BlueCruise name on things that weren't previously BlueCruise, and it's too bad that Ford won't be able to monitor the confusion between customers, dealerships, Customer Service phone lines, etc.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Except that on vehicles with BlueCruise, when they active cruise, but it's not on a BlueCruise-enabled road, it says the words "BlueCruise On Watch the road Be prepared to resume control."

That's where some people get confused.

BlueCruise on with hands.PNG
It still clearly shows hands on the wheel. That is the key indicator and the simplest means to know.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It still clearly shows hands on the wheel. That is the key indicator and the simplest means to know.
You assume a level of intelligence that many do not have.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
You assume a level of intelligence that many do not have.
Well if you can't figure that out please never ever take your hands off the wheel and seriously consider switching completely to Uber.

*you being the royal you

DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
Caveat - I don't have BlueCruise yet.

To me, if that comes up, and I'm driving on a non-BC road, then it shouldn't say BlueCruise. Nor should be blue. I believe that is exactly the case with that picture, which someone else posted and I merely copied.

I believe that some idiot at Ford got the bright idea to do some renaming, and slapped the BlueCruise name on things that weren't previously BlueCruise, and it's too bad that Ford won't be able to monitor the confusion between customers, dealerships, Customer Service phone lines, etc.
I would agree that's pretty confusing. I take it, you hit OK and then it goes back to a black background and has the hands on wheel icon at the bottom.

PonyJuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium Trim, Extended Range
Country flag
Sorry for the confusion! I just thought BlueCruise ™️ ® was completely hands-free. I am prompted to touch the wheel quite a bit; I just thought it scanned your eyes and you never had to touch the wheel.

I’m slightly confused. You have BlueCruise but it still makes you hold the wheel all the time? Because saying “it prompts me to touch the wheel every so often” implies there are times you do not have to touch the wheel, which would be “full hands-free”. And you say “it works great”, but you are “just wondering if/when it is fully hands-free”. When you are driving on the highway with a big blue bubble around the car, you see a message that says “Hands Free”, and your car doesn’t crash, then it is working great. I use it all the time and really like it!

Gyrfalcon08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER Premium
Country flag
Got the update today on my Job 2 Oct produced Premium. Notifications in car and in FordPass. Shows the hands free mode available through 10-09-2022 now on the about sync page. Was previously good only through March.

Last edited:

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, new EA DCFC station in Hancock, NY, when can we expect it to show up in the in-car navigation? Bill P

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So, new EA DCFC station in Hancock, NY, when can we expect it to show up in the in-car navigation? Bill P
It may show up on the next map update, which happens in the background. I did think though that a lot of the charger stuff was cloud based so it may not even take that long to show up.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should see it in FordPass under Blue Oval Charge Network at the same time it's ready in the car.
Sponsored