rmins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
My blue cruise maps expired yesterday and hands free driving is no longer available. How do I update these maps? I have automatic updates on and the scheduled time is 1:01am every day.
Sponsored

smhenn

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
That's all you should have to do. Are you connected to WiFi or have strong cellular reception? Maybe try turning auto updates off and then set them up again?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately there's no way to force the update to be delivered. You just have to make sure auto-updates are enabled.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Unfortunately there's no way to force the update to be delivered. You just have to make sure auto-updates are enabled.
I don't think that is correct. I have Auto Update turned off and I still get the updates. Even the map update arrived normally.

You do NOT have to turn on Auto Updates to receive the updates.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don't think that is correct. I have Auto Update turned off and I still get the updates. Even the map update arrived normally.

You do NOT have to turn on Auto Updates to receive the updates.
Weird/interesting. When my car went crazy two days after purchasing it and it was towed to a dealership to be repaired (needed several module updates), the service manager told me that Ford specifically asked him to make sure I turned on the autoupdates. (I'd not been able to because it wouldn't actually let me when I got the car - it was greyed out.) I suspect the reason Ford was concerned was that my BlueCruise maps were going to expire in four days.

OP
OP
rmins

rmins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
That's all you should have to do. Are you connected to WiFi or have strong cellular reception? Maybe try turning auto updates off and then set them up again?
Yes to both... Been trying to avoid a dealer visit, especially since most Ford dealers are new to this.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Weird/interesting. When my car went crazy two days after purchasing it and it was towed to a dealership to be repaired (needed several module updates), the service manager told me that Ford specifically asked him to make sure I turned on the autoupdates. (I'd not been able to because it wouldn't actually let me when I got the car - it was greyed out.) I suspect the reason Ford was concerned was that my BlueCruise maps were going to expire in four days.
That makes perfect sense. In that situation, having Auto Updates enabled will help speed up the process quite a bit.

I am just saying that it isn't required under normal circumstances. I leave it turned off so I can choose which updates I want to accept and when to let them install. I still get the notices and can read the release notes etc. The main difference is that I have to accept the OTA and sometimes enter a schedule. Other than that, it appears to be exactly the same as the Automatic setting.