JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I didn't get the email but was able to sign up on the early access website anyway.
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise sign up offer invite 1628009834660
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I didn't get the email but was able to sign up on the early access website anyway.
Curious why I was waitlisted. Did all of you take your car into Ford and get all the latest updates? I have never had Ford update my car, only the OTA updates.

Trying to understand why my car said it was not eligible and I am on a waitlist to join the early access program. Received car first week of April (premium).

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Of course, I dropped my car off at the dealer today to get like 4 TSB's done, and get the email to activate that feature when I get home. Hopefully they don't have my car too long.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Curious why I was waitlisted. Did all of you take your car into Ford and get all the latest updates? I have never had Ford update my car, only the OTA updates.

Trying to understand why my car said it was not eligible and I am on a waitlist to join the early access program. Received car first week of April (premium).
Not everyone gets into the early access program. If they open more spots then being on the waitlist will get you in at that time.

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag

Nope. Never been at dealer since delivery.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

Nope: Only updates my car has received have been OTA (just recently got the 1.6 OTA).

Built in December 2020, delivered in February.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

Supposedly going to be available for early access members in the coming weeks.
Which probably means it will be months until everyone gets it :(

MichaelScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Lol are you serious @Ford Motor Company ?

You're going to make early access people--all of them early adopters of this car--pay for the product to beta test it for you? Give me a break. The least you could do is let us try it out for a while before shelling out $600 for a service that comes standard in a Tesla (you know, that car company you keep comparing yourselves to?).

Clearly the early acess program is just a marketing gimmick. I was not inclined to pay for this from the get go, but am even less so now.

SMH. One of the reasons we bought a Ford was because I thought there wouldn't be (or at least be less) of these kinds of shenanigans compared to EV competitors... I guess I was naive.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I am hoping that Ford has made some improvements to the lane centering feature. When using it on roads that have sharp turns at speed, it gets a bit wiggly and even crosses lines at times. I know the hands free (Blue cruise) is only for interstates but the lane centering could use a little improvement as well.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Wish I could get this now. We are driving to Maryland to get our granddaughter Thursday. Would be nice to try this out on this trip

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

You're going to make early access people--all of them early adopters of this car--pay for the product to beta test it for you? Give me a break. The least you could do is let us try it out for a while before shelling out $600 for a service that comes standard in a Tesla (you know, that car company you keep comparing yourselves to?).

Clearly the early acess program is just a marketing gimmick. I was not inclined to pay for this from the get go, but am even less so now.

SMH. One of the reasons we bought a Ford was because I thought there wouldn't be (or at least be less) of these kinds of shenanigans compared to EV competitors... I guess I was naive.
Did I miss something? I don't see any "standard" hands-free driving on Tesla's website...

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag

The way I read it, early access does not require the subscription, the $600 is required once they have decided it is safe for use. I may be wrong, but I may be right, you may be on the highway with a lunatic o_O

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

"standard in a Tesla" you're sure about that, are you? because Tesla says otherwise - they say there's a fee. and it's a lot more than $600. and it's for something that is officially beta software.

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise sign up offer invite 1628011504203

I got the email and am enrolled. Will be interesting to compare Blue Cruise with my Tesla's autopilot on the same highways. I am sure there will be both pros and cons for each, excited to see the use of the infrared camera with actual no hands on steering wheel. I refuse to cheat the Tesla system with weights, so I have to keep limited pressure on the steering wheel or go into Autopilot jail.
Sponsored