JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
"standard in a Tesla" you're sure about that, are you? because Tesla says otherwise - they say there's a fee. and it's a lot more than $600. and it's for something that is officially beta software.
Just the earlyaccess.ford.com website and the blue cruise invite popped up immediately after I logged in.
Sponsored

MichaelScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Did I miss something? I don't see any "standard" hands-free driving on Tesla's website...
"standard in a Tesla" you're sure about that, are you? because Tesla says otherwise - they say there's a fee. and it's a lot more than $600. and it's for something that is officially beta software.
Perhaps I'm wrong about what comes standard with the Teslas; you may be right, I don't own one.

However, my complaint still stands. "Early access program" = marketing gimmick if you're just paying full price for the service. Continuing to take advantage of early adopters who have been working out the kinks in this car for them for the past 7 or 8 months. For crying out loud, let them have a trial period.

The way I read it, early access does not require the subscription, the $600 is required once they have decided it is safe for use. I may be wrong, but I may be right, you may be on the highway with a lunatic
The instructions, posted below, seem to suggest you have to buy it.

Will have to pay when it is ready to activate.
1628008983546.png

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I had signed up for the EAP right when I got my MME and heard nothing. I just logged back in and it said my vehicle was eligible so I signed up. Weird that the previous signup seemed to mean nothing?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I got the invite and I signed up. But I’m in Hawaii all week! Can’t believe I’m complaining about that. So for the people who signed up, has the BlueCruise already started for you?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I got the invite and I signed up. But I’m in Hawaii all week! Can’t believe I’m complaining about that. So for the people who signed up, has the BlueCruise already started for you?
No it hasn't. It says you sign up now, and then soon we'll get an email when the software is ready to purchase and activate.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Did I miss something? I don't see any "standard" hands-free driving on Tesla's website...
Exactly, when I looked it was $10,000 for Autopilot

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got mine and signed up too. I didn’t realize you had to pay for beta access. That seems little silly given the service we are providing back to Ford.
I can understand having to pay when it is finally released but until then…

All that said, I’m still gonna buy it. Why the hell not? I already spent $50k on this car

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
On the one hand, beta testing software that if it goes wrong plows me into an embankment at 80mph. ?

On the other hand, if I wasn't a nerd, I wouldn't have a BEV in 2021, so I have gamer reflexes. Screw it, signed up for the waitlist.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The way I read it, early access does not require the subscription, the $600 is required once they have decided it is safe for use. I may be wrong, but I may be right, you may be on the highway with a lunatic o_O
We'll communication is not Ford's strong suit as we all know too well, but I think the early access is a trial time period which is outside of purchasing the future. So you buy it now but your time of the service does not start now, it starts when it's released. We will see and even I was not clear on my response :)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Lol are you serious @Ford Motor Company ?

You're going to make early access people--all of them early adopters of this car--pay for the product to beta test it for you? Give me a break.
Ford didn't say this was a beta. They said it was Early Access. It's kinda like when you get the opportunity to buy concert tickets before everyone else because you're a member of the fan club. Do people that get early access to concert tickets also get the tickets for free?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I didn’t get the email but, like others, I went to the early access website and was able to sign up ?​
I’d love to hear what the people in the NDA program think of it … @ChasingCoral ?????​

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ford didn't say this was a beta. They said it was Early Access. It's kinda like when you get the opportunity to buy concert tickets before everyone else because you're a member of the fan club. Do people that get early access to concert tickets also get the tickets for free?
The way EAP has been explained to me by Ford, and the way we’ve seen it operate so far (Intelligent Charging), it is a beta testing program. Not early access to concert tickets.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I didn’t get the email but, like others, I went to the early access website and was able to sign up ?​
I’d love to hear what the people in the NDA program think of it … @ChasingCoral ?????​
I just received the invitation email today!
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise sign up offer invite Blue Cruise Early Access acccepted

I'm really looking forward to trying it.
Sponsored