Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Tried Blue Cruise for the first time yesterday. It went ok for whopping 3 minutes before it asked me to take control on a minor turn on a SoCal freeway. And a few minutes later again on a straight stretch of the same freeway.

Turned it off and kept it off after that.
Were you in the slow lane? I have noticed the far right lane requires the most intervention due to the off\on ramps.
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Love the design, even including "eye nanny". Love it in traffic jams. But I hate the subtle ping-ponging that seems pretty regular at highway speeds. I worry people behind me think I'm driving drunk or writing text messages.

This little piece of the article gives me a glimmer of hope that the ping-pong behavior will be improved: "Ford is aggregating voluntarily shared, anonymized data to make BlueCruise even better by refining visuals, sensing and steering to help the system ā€˜driveā€™ more like people"

I wouldn't pay $200/yr for it in the current state.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Mine doesn't hug the right side. When I enable Bluecruise or hands on wheel driving, it initially goes to the right lane marker and then centers itself. I believe but am not sure that it has to reference itself first. It's a little weird allowing it to do that but in my experience, if you let the car do that, it centers itself within seconds.
Agree with above. I just donā€™t let go until Iā€™m past the car on the right.

Reactions: RLW

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The eye nanny cannot see thru my sunglasses. It keeps warning me to keep my eye on the road.
Mine too. It seems to have problems with polarized lenses and the reflection off of them

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I think there's a 10 mile stretch around me on a bypass that has BlueCruise allowed and then nothing else on a divided highway for many, many miles. I fully expect my trial subscription to expire and not be renewed without massive updates to the mapping of roads on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and state of Delaware.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Were you in the slow lane? I have noticed the far right lane requires the most intervention due to the off\on ramps.
Carpool lane, the left most lane. With minimal traffic.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Stuck on 2.74 since July 9th. Had the car 13 months now. Maybe I will get blue cruise next summer
I'm in the same boat. 2.8.1 failed on me May 26th with no updates since. I called Ford (Corporate) and they said I need to bring the car in to a dealer to get further updates.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Mine too. It seems to have problems with polarized lenses and the reflection off of them
I've got Costa polarized and I'm not having that issue. Mine are glass lenses so I don't know if that matters

kevcody

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Hacker
Country flag
Stuck on 2.74 since July 9th. Had the car 13 months now. Maybe I will get blue cruise next summer
Iā€™m in the same exact position, except stalled on 2.7.1
Details: OTAM_S1010
DateTime: 2022-06-27T20:15:46.311+000
it makes me wonder if they paused OTAs for a bit šŸ¤”

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Mine doesn't hug the right side. When I enable Bluecruise or hands on wheel driving, it initially goes to the right lane marker and then centers itself. I believe but am not sure that it has to reference itself first. It's a little weird allowing it to do that but in my experience, if you let the car do that, it centers itself within seconds.
Same here. Iā€™m almost convinced there was some sort of change in later deployments cause so many people complain about hugging the right side and the alerts being annoying, but I havenā€™t noticed either

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I've got Costa polarized and I'm not having that issue. Mine are glass lenses so I don't know if that matters
That might. I just have a set of Shady Rays sunglasses that are polarized with plastic lenses. Interesting data point that your glass lenses don't seem to be a problem. I don't notice it all the time with mine, mainly if I'm driving toward the direction of the sun, even a little bit and it's bright in front of me.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think Ford is taking too much credit here. I wonder if Ford is even aware that BlueCruise isn't working on many of our cars?
My brother-in-law and I both have the software but yet BC still won't work.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise Stats as of 7/28/22 -- 10.6M miles logged, used by 66.5K customers, OTA updated to 15K customers, 130K miles of Blue Zones coverage 1659030666237
Sponsored