Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E P AWD ER, 22 Bolt EUV P, 23 Tesla MYLR
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Hey, @Ford Motor Company where’s our remote frunk release in that list of accomplishments? I’ll happily give up Blocks for it!
Did you try delete the Paak and reinstall? I did that and got the frunk and trunk buttons working.
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I had an interesting Bluecruise experience yesterday. I drove my son about 25 miles down the highway to a soccer practice at 5:30pm. It was sunny with a significant amount of fast-moving traffic. I tried Bluecruise and found the same behavior that I've had in the several previous Bluecruise experiences: an unacceptable level of ping-ponging between the lane markers, forcing me to just turn it off.

But on the drive home at about 8:30pm I tried it again and the lane-centering was really good, for several miles. No noticeable ping-ponging and a pretty confident feel in general. There was significantly less traffic and it was well past sunset. It was the same highway (but different direction) and roughly the same speed.

Anyway, I don't know exactly what to make from this, but it seems like either the sun or the traffic influences the level of ping ponging. I'd probably pay $200/yr for the experience on the drive home, but would not pay for the experience on the earlier drive. I really hope they can improve this.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Sounds like you got a Job 2 car, us early adopters Job 1 are still waiting for them to enable the electronic frunk release. We don't even get the button in the app.

Did you try delete the Paak and reinstall? I did that and got the frunk and trunk buttons working.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
I just got the Bluecruise added to my 2021. It is pretty much like the regular cruise control, except that you can keep your hands off the wheel. So, it is an improvement to cruise control, but nothing that exciting. I will take the free year they gave me and will not renew it after. It's not worth paying for, in my opinion. Plus, I actually like driving. I have seen it "do its trick," and now the excitement is over. I couple of times, it shut off where the freeway was split where it merges to another freeway, so you have to be very aware. Also, it felt like it followed cars closer than I would, despite having the distance control at maximum. If there were no traffic, I could have a relaxing drive. Otherwise, I find myself hovering over the wheel and pedal, just in case it screws up. It feels like the first time you sit in the passenger seat next to a teen who just got their permit.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got the Bluecruise added to my 2021. It is pretty much like the regular cruise control, except that you can keep your hands off the wheel. So, it is an improvement to cruise control, but nothing that exciting. I will take the free year they gave me and will not renew it after. It's not worth paying for, in my opinion. Plus, I actually like driving. I have seen it "do its trick," and now the excitement is over. I couple of times, it shut off where the freeway was split where it merges to another freeway, so you have to be very aware. Also, it felt like it followed cars closer than I would, despite having the distance control at maximum. If there were no traffic, I could have a relaxing drive. Otherwise, I find myself hovering over the wheel and pedal, just in case it screws up. It feels like the first time you sit in the passenger seat next to a teen who just got their permit.
All true. I get three years free and do kind of like it. I do like driving but Seems like a bit less stress on me when driving long distances.
don’t know what I will do when it comes time to pay.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Blue Cruise update - Blue Cruise fail has Transformed my opinion of the car. It failed again.

Blue Cruise is Broken again. Hands on only. (yes, all settings are on, maps are up to date, services shows it's active, same interstate it used to work on, but BC is now dead)

It took the dealer 6 weeks to install it with extensive help from Ford engineering. I hope they fix it faster than the install debacle. I can't get in till the 17th.

If only OTA actually worked.... such a disappointment all around.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Tried Blue Cruise for the first time yesterday. It went ok for whopping 3 minutes before it asked me to take control on a minor turn on a SoCal freeway. And a few minutes later again on a straight stretch of the same freeway.

Turned it off and kept it off after that.
We’re those instances near expressway intersections? Because BlueCruise requires hands on the wheel for about 1/4-1/2 mile either way from an intersection of expressways.
Sponsored