Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Upgrade Available (to BlueOval Electrify America Membership) Web capture_24-1-2022_12427_www.ford.com

Im still getting charged 0.43 per kwh. I called ford and they said you have to disable plug and charge for this to work which clearly contradicts their communication here. Getting frustrated with Ford and their roll out of features that aren't ready yet. Especially when I have to pay for them (Blue cruise - paid for the hardware, no bc software, and now this) @Ford Motor Company

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Im still getting charged 0.43 per kwh. I called ford and they said you have to disable plug and charge for this to work which clearly contradicts their communication here. Getting frustrated with Ford and their roll out of features that aren't ready yet. Especially when I have to pay for them (Blue cruise - paid for the hardware, no bc software, and now this) @Ford Motor Company
The issue is that Ford support is crap. As you found, UNIFORMED. Big problem. Won't be fixed soon.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Upgrade Available (to BlueOval Electrify America Membership) Web capture_24-1-2022_12427_www.ford.com

The "blue oval electrify america membership" is NOT complementary. You have to pay $50 to Ford for a year to get the cheaper ($.31/kwh) rate AND use plug-n-charge. Conversely you can pay Electrify america $4 a month to get the cheaper rate, but then need to turn off P&C.

As for Ford smoothly rolling anything out, I agree that they are reaching new levels of embarrassment.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Im still getting charged 0.43 per kwh. I called ford and they said you have to disable plug and charge for this to work which clearly contradicts their communication here.
That's either (a) awful, or (b) they misunderstood something. The whole point of the $50 subscription is to get the discounted EA rate when using P&C. If we're not able to use it with P&C, there's no reason to sign up for it. If having to start the session via phone app, might as well just use the EA app with Pass+ instead.

I wonder if they misunderstood and thought you were talking about using EA Pass+? That would need P&C turned off, so it doesn't take over the charging session.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's either (a) awful, or (b) they misunderstood something. The whole point of the $50 subscription is to get the discounted EA rate when using P&C. If we're not able to use it with P&C, there's no reason to sign up for it. If having to start the session via phone app, might as well just use the EA app with Pass+ instead.

I wonder if they misunderstood and thought you were talking about using EA Pass+? That would need P&C turned off, so it doesn't take over the charging session.
Ford's support script hasn't been updated with this new feature yet is most likely the answer here. Just like most companies support, half the time the support reps have no idea about new features that are pushed and give bad info.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford's support script hasn't been updated with this new feature yet is most likely the answer here. Just like most companies support, half the time the support reps have no idea about new features that are pushed and give bad info.
The executives responsible for this (Blue Oval Network) should be demoted. This is management 101 - lining up your support system before you roll out something. Such incompetence.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just to be clear I paid for the ea pass through blue oval. Its about 2 dollars more but to me the P&C was worth it. I bought it on a Saturday, tried charging and no discount. On the following Monday I got a notification from my credit card app that I was charged and I got a receipt emailed to me from Ford confirming the charge. I still pay 0.43 per kwh. I feel like I'm being robbed here!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just to be clear I paid for the ea pass through blue oval. Its about 2 dollars more but to me the P&C was worth it. I bought it on a Saturday, tried charging and no discount. On the following Monday I got a notification from my credit card app that I was charged and I got a receipt emailed to me from Ford confirming the charge. I still pay 0.43 per kwh. I feel like I'm being robbed here!
Just the fact that its not even available to everyone to activate makes me think they weren't ready to actually enable it yet.

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
This popped up for me today when I logged in to check so I went ahead and upgraded due to P&C being so convenient

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Like you said, Ford is not smoothly rolling it out. You'll eventually straighten it out AND they'll get their billing system fixed, but holy cow is Ford looking less and less competent by the day. I know it's big company and one department doesn't talk to the other, but it is just making them look so bad - and rightly so.

balby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company I have not been able to use EA for plug and Charge or activate the EA stations using the ford pass app. I bought a Demo Mach E in August and was originally told the dealership activated the Blue Oval network and EA charging bundle under a different customer's account and then canceled it. I'm assuming the EA services for my Vin are still connected to that account and that's why it will show up on my account. I have had a case number with Ford for almost 6 months and still haven't gotten any answers.
Sponsored