Glad to see this finally coming out.
I need to get through my free charging before activating that though. haha

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Am I correct to assume the $50 is a one-time fee to get the EA Pass+ rate (for life)? I still have some 300 kWh credit left but will likely use it up by summer.

neutrino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE & Rivian R1T
Country flag
I might be missing it, but what’s the time period on that $50 special offer upgrade? Good for a year? 2 years?

Comparing to EA Pass+, which says a discount of “about 25%” but it is actually a hair more in my area.

Curious if this Blue Oval upgrade is exactly the same discount as EA Pass+

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I wouldn't call that a 'special offer', @Ford Motor Company That's actually $2 a year more than a normal EA+ membership costs and is a tiny bit LESS of a discount. In my area its $0.43/kWh for non-members and $0.31 for Pass+ members. With a 25% discount it's $0.32.
Only difference is there's a fee for paying in advance and you can't cancel. With normal EA membership you can just stop anytime.

And if we're being honest, I don't find it to be too much of a hassle to tap my phone to the machine

OP
OP

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Just saw that if you click "Manage" on the first screen, you'll see this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Upgrade Available (to BlueOval Electrify America Membership) 1642108186486

So, yes, one year. And 25% off 42 cents per kWh is 31.5 cents per kWh.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I wouldn't call that a 'special offer', @Ford Motor Company That's actually $2 a year more than a normal EA+ membership costs and is the same discount(At least in my area. $0.41 non member and $0.31 Pass+)
Only difference is there's a fee for paying in advance and you can't cancel. With normal EA membership you can just stop anytime.

And if we're being honest, I don't find it to be too much of a hassle to tap my phone to the machine
To be honest, tapping my phone on the machine has NEVER worked for me for some reason. I know it should work, but having one less thing to worry about (especially when AWS went down and the app refused to work) is kinda worth the $2/year for me.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just saw that if you click "Manage" on the first screen, you'll see this:

1642108186486.png

So, yes, one year. And 25% off 42 cents per kWh is 31.5 cents per kWh.

View attachment 49931
So the membership fees are considerably higher than dealing directly with EA, I'll pass. I am using DCFS regularly in winter but those same trips will not require topping up when warmer weather returns.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
So the membership fees are considerably higher than dealing directly with EA, I'll pass. I am using DCFS regularly in winter but those same trips will not require topping up when warmer weather returns.
I mean it's not considerably higher. Its $2 more over the course of a year and SLIGHTLY more expensive charge rates than Pass+ members.
My issue isn't the $2 a year or $0.01 extra per kWh, its the fact they're advertising this as a "special offer" when it isn't cancellable and costs more than direct through EA. 99% of companies give you a (usually healthy)DISCOUNT for purchasing a year subscription in advance and instead Ford is charging more.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mean it's not considerably higher. Its $2 more over the course of a year and SLIGHTLY more expensive charge rates than Pass+ members.
My issue isn't the $2 a year or $0.01 extra per kWh, its the fact they're advertising this as a "special offer" when it isn't cancellable and costs more than direct through EA. 99% of companies give you a (usually healthy)DISCOUNT for purchasing a year subscription in advance and instead Ford is charging more.
For my use case I do not expect to utilize DCFC enough during some months to justify the $4 monthly Pass+ membership, that's why $50/year would be a bad deal for me. If I need to visit EA regularly around the year, I wouldn't mind paying $2 extra for the plug-and-charge convenience which has been great for me so far.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The benefit of EA's Pass+ is flexibility. Going on a trip TODAY? Upgrade when you leave. Takes affect immediately. Then, downgrade. Takes effect in 30 days.

We used it end of August, and canceled. A day after period ended, had a funeral many states away. Activated, then canceled. So we have paid $8 over 4.5 months. Not going to switch to $50 a year for Plug and Charge, UNLESS it turns out to be more successful at one try and done. But we haven't seen a difference in the pass vs activate on EA app, then plug in.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don’t road trip enough to need either $4/month or $50/year. That might change in the future, but my current pattern is pretty much drive to work, drive home. Once in a while, drive to the grocery store. Once in a while, drive to a dog show. Once in a while, drive to bust some clays. For the time being, filling the BBQ requires the Blazer. I love getting 10 in town and 15 on the highway. ??‍♂?
Sponsored