Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Glad to see this finally coming out.
I need to get through my free charging before activating that though. haha
Is the free charging available only at EA charging stations? We have about 1500 miles on our MME and have never run into a situation (other than a hotel) where the charging was free. What am I doing wrong? :)
Sponsored

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Glad to see this finally coming out.
I need to get through my free charging before activating that though. haha
I haven't been able to figure out how to take advantage of the free charging. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thx.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is the free charging available only at EA charging stations? We have about 1500 miles on our MME and have never run into a situation (other than a hotel) where the charging was free. What am I doing wrong? :)
The free 250 (or 500) hours of free charging are only at EA charging stations. To use them, you must activate Plug and Charge in your Ford account (online), and then use the FordPass app to make sure P&C is turned on. To activate, you need a credit card for them to charge AFTER the free hours expire. It may take a day or so for this to all process, so do it well before you need it to work.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

After you use the free hours, you may want to turn off P&C and use EA's Pass+ for cheaper rates.

Also, if you truly want to save money, and will be using all your free hours (we used ours in 2 days of a trip), you'll want to use them in states where EA charges by the kWh, and use EA's Pass+ in states that charge by the minute, since otherwise you're not maximizing the usage of those free hours. Most either wont' care, or wont' figure this out until the hours are gone (us).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is the free charging available only at EA charging stations?
YES
I haven't been able to figure out how to take advantage of the free charging. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thx.
You have to enable a few things through the app/website first to set up and get the free charging: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

And then you have to initiate the charging through ford - either by having plug-n-charge enabled or by starting the charge session through the fordpass app. if you initiate the charge session with EA's app or through the charger's UI then you will pay for the charging. EA has no idea about the free charging; that is handled on the Ford side

Last edited:

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The free 250 (or 500) hours of free charging are only at EA charging stations. To use them, you must activate Plug and Charge in your Ford account (online), and then use the FordPass app to make sure P&C is turned on. To activate, you need a credit card for them to charge AFTER the free hours expire. It may take a day or so for this to all process, so do it well before you need it to work.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

After you use the free hours, you may want to turn off P&C and use EA's Pass+ for cheaper rates.

Also, if you truly want to save money, and will be using all your free hours (we used ours in 2 days of a trip), you'll want to use them in states where EA charges by the kWh, and use EA's Pass+ in states that charge by the minute, since otherwise you're not maximizing the usage of those free hours. Most either wont' care, or wont' figure this out until the hours are gone (us).
Thank you SO much!! I've already done all of the above. Apparently the issue is I haven't stumbled on an EA charger yet. All Charge Points around my area.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thank you SO much!! I've already done all of the above. Apparently the issue is I haven't stumbled on an EA charger yet. All Charge Points around my area.
Yup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Upgrade Available (to BlueOval Electrify America Membership) Screenshot_20220223-235412_Electrify America

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The "Upgrade Available" BOCN discount plan still isn't showing up in Connected Services. What's going on @Ford Motor Company ?

It showed up in January (when it wasn't working at the stations, so no reason to sign up yet). Now it's finally working at the stations, but we can't sign up for it. ?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The "Upgrade Available" BOCN discount plan still isn't showing up in Connected Services. What's going on @Ford Motor Company ?

It showed up in January (when it wasn't working at the stations, so no reason to sign up yet). Now it's finally working at the stations, but we can't sign up for it. ?
I have not seen this either

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I decided just to call the Ford Marketing Center and inquire. After checking with someone, the agent said they were having "billing issues" with the feature so they pulled the sign-up option for now. But the option should return after they get it all fixed.

No ETA.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
My free KwH's are about to run out. Is there an update?
Sponsored