Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have my phone in my pocket at home. I keep my phones Bluetooth off, to avoid the phone unlocking the car periodically.
Today I noticed that when I go to my garage, the car makes clicking noises and headlights turn on. The doors are openable at this point, the mirrors have not opened up though.
Don't know if puddle lights are on.

Is this expected behaviour?
Sponsored

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Perhaps your MMe has separation anxiety? =)

Seriously though, if you have the key fob or phone with you, this would be expected. However, if they are not in close proximity of the car, this shouldn't happen, at least not in my experience at least. Others, no doubt, can and will chime in on this as well.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have my phone in my pocket at home. I keep my phones Bluetooth off, to avoid the phone unlocking the car periodically.
Today I noticed that when I go to my garage, the car makes clicking noises and headlights turn on. The doors are openable at this point, the mirrors have not opened up though.

Are you sure that bluetooth is off? Some apps, that use bluetooth, have the ability to turn it on. Put your phone in airplane mode and try it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Are you sure that bluetooth is off? Some apps, that use bluetooth, have the ability to turn it on. Put your phone in airplane mode and try it.
True. My phone will often work on the MME even with FordPass having been force quit. Odds are something switched BT on. Ear pods perhaps?

OP
OP

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ghosts indeed!
I don't have earphones or watches paired with my phone, and the BT icon in the Android notification bar also shows it as off.
So, possibly the app still has the BT connection open, despite BT being turned off.

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
Ghosts indeed!
I don't have earphones or watches paired with my phone, and the BT icon in the Android notification bar also shows it as off.
So, possibly the app still has the BT connection open, despite BT being turned off.
Even when BT is off on your Android device, it's still collecting location data.

If you want to truly turn bluetooth off, you need to: Settings > Security & Location > Privacy > Location > Scanning

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I walk past move sometimes without my phone and it lights up. Still locked. I assume anxiety disorder.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there! Can you send us a direct message if you're still having trouble? I'd like to look into things further.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag

Can you describe how you are disabling Bluetooth? For example, I have an iPhone and notice that if I disable Bluetooth via the control-center ... it doesn't really disable. But if I go into phone settings and disable Bluetooth... then it really does disable. I'm not entirely sure why that is and it sure seems like an iOS bug to me ... but I have tested it and am able to prove that Bluetooth is still working even though it is switched off in Control Center... and the moment I switch it off in Settings then it *really* disables it.

OP
OP

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company , a few things have happened since ( Ford Power up 1.6.0 and 1.4.0 were installed, and my app is at 3.28 from 3.26), which have made the problem hide away. I'll DM, if I see the issue again.

@TheVirtualTim , I'm using Android. There is a notification bar, which when pulled down presents toggle switches for WiFi, Speaker, BT, Torch, etc. All other buttons have the desired effect of turning off that specific piece of hardware. It is possible that, BT implementation has a bug.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company , a few things have happened since ( Ford Power up 1.6.0 and 1.4.0 were installed, and my app is at 3.28 from 3.26), which have made the problem hide away. I'll DM, if I see the issue again.
The 1.4 and 1.6 OTA updates are unrelated and coincidental as it did not update any modules that touch PAAK. However the app updates could be have caused a change.
Sponsored