Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
If I wasn’t so enamored with the Mach E GT, this was the next car on my short list. It’s kind of funny though that BMW are allowing reviews almost a full year before the first one will be delivered but here we are only just now, post delivery, getting GT reviews. Anyway, good take of an EV alternative by Jonny Lieberman

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-bmw-i4-m50-electric-sedan-first-drive-review/

BMW_i4_M50-0028.jpg

Ford Mustang Mach-E BMW i4 M50 review by Motortrend bmw-i4-m50-onepager-gallery-impressions-wallpaper-06
Lieberman has always been great imo. Another great i4 M50 review is the one by Mat Watson from Carwow. Just posted on YouTube in the last day or so.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I have one on pre-order! So excited!!!!

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
I find the i4 m50 closer to a Taycan than a GT since it is a sports sedan not an SUV. It's like a cheaper Taycan but with better infotainment and worst suspension and worst steering feel.
It's good to have options

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
If I wasn’t so enamored with the Mach E GT, this was the next car on my short list. It’s kind of funny though that BMW are allowing reviews almost a full year before the first one will be delivered but here we are only just now, post delivery, getting GT reviews. Anyway, good take of an EV alternative by Jonny Lieberman

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-bmw-i4-m50-electric-sedan-first-drive-review/
Personal favorite quote:
One very personal note: no glass roof! Joy of joys!

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I find the i4 m50 closer to a Taycan than a GT since it is a sports sedan not an SUV. It's like a cheaper Taycan but with better infotainment and worst suspension and worst steering feel.
It's good to have options
It's actually a hatchback which I find amazing. Looks like a sedan, but 5 door.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
It's actually a hatchback which I find amazing. Looks like a sedan, but 5 door.
yes but headroom and legroom is overall limited compared to an SUV and there is no way to put 3 people in the back.
I agree that the hatch makes the trunk more accessible and it is nice.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
yes but headroom and legroom is overall limited compared to an SUV and there is no way to put 3 people in the back.
Mach-E was my first SUV and I hate it so much. Head and leg room ain't an issue for me.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Mach-E was my first SUV and I hate it so much. Head and leg room ain't an issue for me.
then the i4 M50 is probably a good choice but I would personally wait a year or so for them to fix any teething problems with the new technology.

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
then the i4 M50 is probably a good choice but I would personally wait a year or so for them to fix any teething problems with the new technology.
Or wait for the proper M version. Maybe it's just me, but I'm still a bit annoyed by BMW plastering anything and everything with an M badge.

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Or wait for the proper M version. Maybe it's just me, but I'm still a bit annoyed by BMW plastering anything and everything with an M badge.
Yeah but they’ve been doing this for a while. My mother had a 325i convertible when I was a kid and it had an M badge on the steering wheel and the front quarter panel. That thing wasn’t a performance vehicle by any stretch of the imagination

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E BMW i4 M50 review by Motortrend bmw-i4-m50-onepager-gallery-impressions-wallpaper-06

Reviews a whole year before delivery?

And everyone here almost had me convinced that embargoes on reviews until after deliveries was perfectly normal and standard procedure these days.

Makes me think of some movies that won’t let reviewers seen them until after they’re in theaters. Now why would they do that?

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
Bring its still on the G20 series, they didnt make the interior any larger than its OCE counterpart. That makes it easier for BMW to make, but means the interior is not that large (i have one now). My hope would have been that they didnt nees all the front area and made the cabin bigger. Why i didnt go for that one and the "we will tell you the option pricing later" means the M50 will be well north of the GTPE pricing.
Sponsored