Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
Problem is it won't 100% match the paint color. Might actually look worse mismatched than black?
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Problem is it won't 100% match the paint color. Might actually look worse mismatched than black?
True, but if I were to do it, prob consider wrapping the whole car including the side mirrors. That is the route I am considering. The side benefit is that you get to choose another color. Hot pink anyone? o_O?

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
A

Agreed. I don’t like red with a lot of black like wheel arches and/or bumpers. So premium in red with black wheel arches is a non starter for me. I have been consumed with what color I want so I am ready when it comes time to order. I am underwhelmed by the selection. Nothing is thrilling me which is too bad because I would like to be excited about how the car will look but I don’t think that will be the case.
yes- I think for me it goes beyond the wheel arches, I don't like the red with all the black trim - just my personal preference but I think some others are going to agree. for me it's either wrap the car- there's a guy near me who does a good job for probably 3-4k for a total wrap or I'm just going to buy it in black. then the only mods would probably be a slight tint if need be and maybe black wheels as soon as someone makes one for this car

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Why oh why would they put the black arches on a white car......it can't cost more to paint them the body color.......

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why oh why would they put the black arches on a white car......it can't cost more to paint them the body color.......
Its to justify the higher trim...and drive buyers into choosing the more expensive trims.

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
as much as I love this car and have been excited for it for so long for so many reasons, I think they kind of dropped the ball on the color palette. especially in non gt trim- the colors are all kind of blah. I wish the red was redder, I wish there was a monochrome option, but it is what it is. I think they'll roll out some cooler colors in later years if it's successful I guess

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
as much as I love this car and have been excited for it for so long for so many reasons, I think they kind of dropped the ball on the color palette. especially in non gt trim- the colors are all kind of blah. I wish the red was redder, I wish there was a monochrome option, but it is what it is. I think they'll roll out some cooler colors in later years if it's successful I guess
I agree with you, the color palette could be better. Out of the 8 color choices, 6 of the eight is shades on black to white and lacking 'color'. I am looking into full car wraps but it seems way too expensive. $5-7k range is way too much. (SoCal $$$)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Body color painted wheel arches vs black wheel arches 2021 Mach E Colors Options Samples Swatches

I would choose something close to what was shown in the UK. Satin Blue
Ford Mustang Mach-E Body color painted wheel arches vs black wheel arches satinblue

Last edited: