First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Hi

Did you notice that the FE and GT models have painted wheel arches and the other version black ones?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Body color painted wheel arches vs black wheel arches Coloured

Ford Mustang Mach-E Body color painted wheel arches vs black wheel arches Black

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
From what I've read the wheel arches will be body color for the Premium trim. The First Edition is a package on top of the Premium trim, which is why the FE and Premium are launching together at the end of 2020. Unsure about the GT trim, but it wouldn't surprise me for it to be body color as well.

frinesi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
From their website, it looks like "Select" wheel arches are unpainted black, "Premium" and "California Route 1" are gloss black, and First Edition and GT are body color.

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
From their website, it looks like "Select" wheel arches are unpainted black, "Premium" and "California Route 1" are gloss black, and First Edition and GT are body color.
This. At the LA Auto Show they had a GT and 2 premiums. The premiums had gloss black wheel arches.

OP
OP

Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
I prefer the body colored wheel arches, they make the wheels appear less small

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The black arches are growing on me. I have noticed a lot of other vehicles in production today
have black arches. My preference on the premium would be color matching arches.

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
wonder how possible it will be to swap out the wheel arches- I'm getting a premium but would love body colored arches- I guess if I go with black it solves the issue

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
wonder how possible it will be to swap out the wheel arches- I'm getting a premium but would love body colored arches- I guess if I go with black it solves the issue
Can't be hard. Usually just held on with clips and/or bolts. I prefer body colored arches too, they make the wheel well look smaller and wheels look bigger as a result.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wish the premium had the color instead of gloss black. Most other manufacturers 'premium' was the top tier trim. The mach e premium doesn't seem so premium. Of course that is just my personal preference and option.

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
I can see wheel arch swap being one of the first DIY installs posted here after delivery starts. Hopefully Ford will sell prepainted ones and if not, some aftermarket vendor will.

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
yeah I'm not a fan of "two tone" cars although I will say the mach e looks better than most with it- I think the white works well with the gloss black trim but if I get red I'm swapping or wrapping. I have a feeling this will be a common DIY mod people will be doing.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
A
yeah I'm not a fan of "two tone" cars although I will say the mach e looks better than most with it- I think the white works well with the gloss black trim but if I get red I'm swapping or wrapping. I have a feeling this will be a common DIY mod people will be doing.
Agreed. I don’t like red with a lot of black like wheel arches and/or bumpers. So premium in red with black wheel arches is a non starter for me. I have been consumed with what color I want so I am ready when it comes time to order. I am underwhelmed by the selection. Nothing is thrilling me which is too bad because I would like to be excited about how the car will look but I don’t think that will be the case.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Def like the matching body colors. But because I ordered a premium, prob will look into full body wraps so I can get matching wheel arches, side mirror and unique colors.
Sponsored