Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Standard
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While on road trip stopped at Electrify America 150kw charger...but during the charge the devices screen posted that my Mach E Standard was charging at only 37.5 Kw...why doesn't it change at a rate over 100Kw/hr? Also is there a way to boost (speed up) or adjust the charging speed? Charging station reported that that was the speed the "car" requested??...
Is there anything I can do, adjust, or modify the system to charge at a higher rate of speed preferably over 100Kw/hr?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
While on road trip stopped at Electrify America 150kw charger...but during the charge the devices screen posted that my Mach E Standard was charging at only 37.5 Kw...why doesn't it change at a rate over 100Kw/hr? Also is there a way to boost (speed up) or adjust the charging speed? Charging station reported that that was the speed the "car" requested??...
Is there anything I can do, adjust, or modify the system to charge at a higher rate of speed preferably over 100Kw/hr?
There is not a reasonable method for the user to adjust the requested speed as that is controlled by the calibrations in the car. There is a module that takes input from other module readings and then determines the max safe charge rate.

There may be some TSBs to address this issue. Check the TSB section of this forum for more info.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Anecdotal evidence suggests that this is a common issue with Mach-Es at EA chargers manufactured by ABB, particularly with the 350kw stations. My first suggestion would be to try another station or port. That said there are a number of other reasons like temperature and state of charge which will impact the amount of power delivered.

For what it's worth, EA stations did not always provide visibility into power requested vs power delivered. Wildly speculating here, but it definitely feels like they are passing the buck with that on an issue that neither party wants to own. The MME is perhaps guilty of this too when specifically reporting a charge station fault, but the error resolves after power cycling the car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Anecdotal evidence suggests that this is a common issue with Mach-Es at EA chargers manufactured by ABB, particularly with the 350kw stations. My first suggestion would be to try another station
THIS. Stop charging and switch to another station is the best thing to do. This EA site is a good example; take a look at the checkins and you'll see many different cars got the same result of slow charging on one of the stations.

Last edited:

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Three things you can do. Stop charging, unplug, re-plug. That worked for me. Or choose a different charging station. Or call the number on the charging station to reset it.
Sponsored