Bought 2023 MME prior (1/1) to recent price cuts & IRS reclassification? Let's unite!!

MME_USA

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Hello, we are all aware of the latest Ford Mach-E price cuts and these are substantial based on the model. I'm happy about the price cuts in general and these were all inflated. However, folks like me purchased a 2023 model just few days before the year-end (as and when the it was delivered). I got a GT and feel like I was defrauded by Ford taking an extra ~$6000. This is not a small amount by any means specially in this difficult economy. Before we talk about the tax credits, pls remember not everyone qualifies for tax credit and one should have paid at least $7500 in federal taxes.
If you purchased a 2023 model on or before 12/31, please comment what actions you have taken. Thanks!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bought 2023 MME prior (1/1) to recent price cuts & IRS reclassification? Let's unite!! 1675270784231

Update: 2/03:
How does this argument change now that all the Mach-Es are eligible for tax credit (at least until 2/28)? Happy to pocket in ~$6000 on a GT?
@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Last edited:

rchallender

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachEGTPE
Country flag
Upvote x100, but expect folks to 'come at us bro' exclaiming that we'll get the credit anyways so why are we complaining. IMHO, we also have a right to complain.

It doesn't change the fact that immediately (some might say egregiously) it changed the value of our cars.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I got a GT and feel like I was defrauded by Ford taking an extra ~$6000.
I can understand the pain, but I don't see how this can be viewed as fraudulent. Both parties agreed on a price and transacted the deal.

This is not a small amount by any means specially in this difficult economy
I agree but that being said, those who are truly feeling a difficult economy aren't making unnecessary luxury purchases such as a $40k+ brand new vehicle.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I agree but that being said, those who are truly feeling a difficult economy aren't making unnecessary luxury purchases such as a $40k+ brand new vehicle.
This is it right here. Most people on this forum are buying a car many would feel is unnecessary. If times were really that tough, we’d be buying cheaper cars. These are mid 40s to mid 70s cars. Nothing about this purchase is frugal in the grand scheme. A $20k Civic will be cheaper even with gas.

shoot, some people paid ADM just a few months ago too. They’re probably not feeling great either.

I really do feel for everyone. I’d personally be sick. It does affect those with previous purchases too, albeit not as much or directly. They’ve lost some “equity” too. There was some comfort knowing the same cars were $X thousands more keeping used prices up.

I hope the vocal minority in this scenario can get some help from Ford. Time will tell.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
Yea I picked mine up a few days before, sure we can get the tax credit, but what we were initially rushing to get is now going towards the diminished value of the car. People will and have responded the car isn’t an investment, enjoy the car, blah blah blah. At 71k, it is an investment. Many of the Selects now will get the price reduction AND the tax credit, so I don’t know why we shouldn’t get something either??

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
Yea I picked mine up a few days before, sure we can get the tax credit, but what we were initially rushing to get is now going towards the diminished value of the car. People will and have responded the car isn’t an investment, enjoy the car, blah blah blah. At 71k, it is an investment. Many of the Selects now will get the price reduction AND the tax credit, so I don’t know why we shouldn’t get something either??
Humm, selects get $600 - $900 price reduction depending on AWD vs. RWD, the gap between select and premiums is less making the selects less atractive.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Also, not that it makes anyone feel better, but I do know someone that bought a model X plaid less than a week before Tesla dropped them almost $20k.

67mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'67 Mustang, '14 SVT Raptor, '23 Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's annoying but I'm fine with it. I knew the '23s were inflated in price so if I was adamant about getting one at '22 prices I would have bought a '22. But I knew the risk of buying the car at the price I did with the IRS and tax rebates still TBD and finalized.

I didn't buy the car to resell it anytime soon so the sudden loss of it's worth is whatever to me.

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
Also, not that it makes anyone feel better, but I do know someone that bought a model X plaid less than a week before Tesla dropped them almost $20k.
Exactly, Tesla buyers also got screwed, nobody forced anybody to buy at current/previous prices. It's called supply/demand.
I have a select AWD on order and the measly $600 price drop is not going to cut it for me, so I'll most likely walk away

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
1. You agreed to a price. You were not defrauded in any way.
2. Vehicles are a depreciating asset. It is not Ford's responsibility to prop up your vehicle value. Besides, cars are discounted all the time, this isn't some new, crazy phenomenon.
3. You spent $70k+ on a vehicle, so why are you worried about a few thousand dollars?

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
1. You agreed to a price. You were not defrauded in any way.
2. Vehicles are a depreciating asset. It is not Ford's responsibility to prop up your vehicle value. Besides, cars are discounted all the time, this isn't some new, crazy phenomenon.
3. You spent $70k+ on a vehicle, so why are you worried about a few thousand dollars?
Right there!☝ Every large purchase is a risk. I didn't purchase mine with tax incentives in mind. I was an early adopter too, so I knew there'd be risk, both in price and quality. Just drive your car and enjoy it.😉

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Upvote x100, but expect folks to 'come at us bro' exclaiming that we'll get the credit anyways so why are we complaining. IMHO, we also have a right to complain.

It doesn't change the fact that immediately (some might say egregiously) it changed the value of our cars.
Folks are “coming at you” for good reason. I’ll repeat what I said in another thread. I bought my GTPE about a week ago, it’s the people like me who didn’t qualify for the tax credit who would have been truly SOL, and luckily Ford is refunding the difference. Unlike another American automaker that starts with a T.

Anyways, you really are coming out farther ahead than anyone who purchased after 1/1/23 because your tax credit ($7500) is a lot more than any of these price decreases. If you’re buying a 70-80k car and don’t pay $7500 bucks in taxes then you’re either a former President or so bad at financial planning that the $7500 is better spent by the federal government (and that’s saying a LOT!). And in that case why did you “rush” to buy before year’s end? Don’t try to feign sympathy for non existent folks who aren’t paying any taxes somehow.

Otherwise, if you want to trade situations and send me (at absolute minimum) a $600 check I’ll give you my Zelle right now.

jnrmitchell

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Engineering & Sales
Country flag
I took delivery of a MME 2023 Premium Extended Range on December 26, 2022 (Merry Christmas to me)! The purpose of this thread should be for the owners who took possession of 2023 MME's before January 1, 2023. People telling us that we shouldn't complain are not helping. I for one am also kind of pissed off at the price drops. To be honest I have some buyers remorse on getting this MME. I love the car but the $1100/Month Payment makes me sick since the previous high payment for me was for a Chevy Tahoe for less than $700/Month. I feel like Ford was taking advantage of the situation when they raised the price of the MME's considerably back in September (I ordered my MME in August). I am also interested in what other Prior to 1/1/2023 MME Owners think and if they plan to do anything.
Sponsored