Bought 2023 MME prior (1/1) to recent price cuts & IRS reclassification? Let's unite!!

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Good luck. My wife and I purchased a new house from a big home builder. A month later they dropped the price of that exact model by $50k.

No bueno. Unless Ford has explicitly listed some sort of price guarantee with a set timeframe, you'll just be pounding fists.

They have to compete with Tesla's price cuts in order to stay relevant.

It pains, I know, but you'll likely end up nowhere.
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I wish my ordered MME showed up in December when it was built prior to the silly IRA rules on tax credits.

If I had gotten my '23 MME in 2022, I would not fret over the price drop because I would have been able to take the entire $7500 without income or MSRP caps against my taxes and gotten that back as a full refund this month.

Now, with my rotting MME in Mexico or MO - don't know where really....

If I get it before March when the IRS rules on the battery, I get to claim the tax credit.

But if it arrives after the IRS makes the ruling, most likely the credit will be ZERO.

If it's ZERO- I am walking after waiting 10 months for my ordered MME.

Tweeting Ford everyday to get my MME here by March:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bought 2023 MME prior (1/1) to recent price cuts & IRS reclassification? Let's unite!! Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 5.52.13 PM

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Nothing you can do, no leg to stand on. Everyone that got shorted here are in a boat with tesla folks. Just start a support group -- misery loves company.

Or, just take a piece of advice I live by daily -- Do not let that which you cannot change, affect you.
Otherwise you'll just mope around / dwell about shit you can't do anything about.

Now software changes / quality issues / etc.., by all means, bitch loudly and often, especially where Ford and others can see like forums and twitter. If you don't demand better, you won't get it.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Nothing you can do, no leg to stand on. Everyone that got shorted here are in a boat with tesla folks. Just start a support group -- misery loves company.

Or, just take a piece of advice I live by daily -- Do not let that which you cannot change, affect you.
Otherwise you'll just mope around / dwell about shit you can't do anything about.

Now software changes / quality issues / etc.., by all means, bitch loudly and often, especially where Ford and others can see like forums and twitter. If you don't demand better, you won't get it.
They didn't even get shorted, the tax credit is larger than any discount. Pretty irrational mentality to hold.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
They didn't even get shorted, the tax credit is larger than any discount. Pretty irrational mentality to hold.
Times are getting tough, food is 50-100% more than it was just 12 months ago. People like to complain, the energy is just better focused elsewhere.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I totally understand why somebody would feel salty about not getting a refund for the price drop. But what If the price increased instead? Would you send Ford a check for the difference?
Well it did -- 22MY increased, 23MY increased and then tesla slapped ford in the face with its catfish tail and then prices magically dropped. As a 21 and 22 MY owners I ain't give'n ford shit. Unless they put the 80kW motor in the F150 and give a 20kWh battery, then I'll take one.

My 22 F150 configured today costs $6k more (closer to 7k) and with deleted features to boot. Ford is getting out of hand.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
My ‘23 GT was delivered on 12/22/22 AND since I ordered back in April, I received the private offer of $8500. Now I also get the $7500 tax credit!

So no, I’m not going to complain about my ‘23 Mach E GT purchase given it’s ‘22 price plus the tax credit.

Probably not going to order my Lightning though as Ford sadly isn’t providing private offers on those early reservations.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
People telling us that we shouldn't complain are not helping.
It may not seem like it, be we are trying to help you by pointing out that you have no legal or moral leg to stand on to expect Ford to give you back money.
I for one am also kind of pissed off at the price drops. ...I feel like Ford was taking advantage of the situation when they raised the price of the MME's considerably back in September.
So, you are pissed that they dropped prices, but you also think they took advantage raising prices? It sounds like Ford just can't win with you.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I took delivery of a MME 2023 Premium Extended Range on December 26, 2022 (Merry Christmas to me)! The purpose of this thread should be for the owners who took possession of 2023 MME's before January 1, 2023. People telling us that we shouldn't complain are not helping. I for one am also kind of pissed off at the price drops. To be honest I have some buyers remorse on getting this MME. I love the car but the $1100/Month Payment makes me sick since the previous high payment for me was for a Chevy Tahoe for less than $700/Month. I feel like Ford was taking advantage of the situation when they raised the price of the MME's considerably back in September (I ordered my MME in August). I am also interested in what other Prior to 1/1/2023 MME Owners think and if they plan to do anything.
You couldn't figure out the payment before you bought?
Should have taken Ford Options...

Redo the payment with the discount, you'll still be sick...

I wish my ordered MME showed up in December when it was built prior to the silly IRA rules on tax credits.

If I had gotten my '23 MME in 2022, I would not fret over the price drop because I would have been able to take the entire $7500 without income or MSRP caps against my taxes and gotten that back as a full refund this month.

Now, with my rotting MME in Mexico or MO - don't know where really....

If I get it before March when the IRS rules on the battery, I get to claim the tax credit.

But if it arrives after the IRS makes the ruling, most likely the credit will be ZERO.

If it's ZERO- I am walking after waiting 10 months for my ordered MME.

Tweeting Ford everyday to get my MME here by March:
Battery impact will be 1/2, not zero.

Times are getting tough, food is 50-100% more than it was just 12 months ago. People like to complain, the energy is just better focused elsewhere.
Don't know where you shop, but our 2022 grocery bill over 2021 was up 20%.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Good luck. My wife and I purchased a new house from a big home builder. A month later they dropped the price of that exact model by $50k.

No bueno. Unless Ford has explicitly listed some sort of price guarantee with a set timeframe, you'll just be pounding fists.

Well said!

When we bought our house at the peak of buying frenzy pandemic year 2021:
  1. we paid a premium,
  2. did not get any lender points credit,
  3. no purchase conditions,
  4. waived everything,
  5. didn't hold the seller to any repairs, etc...
Now the prices have dropped $60K - should I ask for a refund too ???

There are no price guarantees for a home or vehicle.

For my incoming MME, it's now more stressful because I did not get delivery of my December built 2022 when it was more ideal with less restrictions and guaranteed PCO.

2023, I have to deal with the silly MSRP caps, income caps, and in March battery rules that the IRS will set.

Plus I don't know if I will buy it or walk away if it arrives after the IRS ruling.

At least folks that bought it in 2022 have a solid deal w/ PCO and tax refund next month!
Sponsored