Bought the car and then financed some later on?

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Hey all,

I’m curious about if an individual bought a MME outright from, say a Washington State dealer.
And then this individual got the vehicle registered and titled in his/her state.
With less than 1k miles for instance has anyone tried working directly with Ford finance to try and carry a lien on the vehicle?
I only ask because I want to try Ford Options but didn’t want to go through the hassle when I bought it from another state.
It would be nice to hear if anyone has ever done this before.
Thanks
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I don’t see why it would be a hassle to use Ford options from the beginning. Ford can finance you no matter what state you live in. I live in NY but financed my first MME through Ford at a dealership in VT.

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
T
You can’t. That would be considered a used car by Ford Credit.
Thanks for the reply.
FWIW, navy federal credit union considers a vehicle still a new vehicle if: current model year and less than 7500 miles.

And for Murse, logistically, it was easier to just buy the vehicle and consider capital reinvestment later.

However, just the possibility of that pipeline as an opportunity struck my interest.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hey all,

I’m curious about if an individual bought a MME outright from, say a Washington State dealer.
And then this individual got the vehicle registered and titled in his/her state.
With less than 1k miles for instance has anyone tried working directly with Ford finance to try and carry a lien on the vehicle?
I only ask because I want to try Ford Options but didn’t want to go through the hassle when I bought it from another state.
It would be nice to hear if anyone has ever done this before.
Thanks
No and the #1 reason is that Ford Credit is not a direct lender in the US/Canada. You can only get Ford Credit financing through a dealer.

Also as @generaltso pointed out the car has been titled so If you did now want to finance through a dealer it’s now a used vehicle which would not qualify for Ford Options.

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Sure. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
It’s definitely not a big deal just like I said would be nice now that I physically have the vehicle to consider reinvestment of capital.

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
No and the #1 reason is that Ford Credit is not a direct lender in the US/Canada. You can only get Ford Credit financing through a dealer.

Also as @generaltso pointed out the car has been titled so If you did now want to finance through a dealer it’s now a used vehicle which would not qualify for Ford Options.
Thanks for the reply! I understand.
Best bet if I want to carry a lien is to call NFCU. Sounds like.
Much appreciated.
Sponsored