Braking to a full stop is strange

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
My 2021 mache still lurches to a stop no matter how I try to make a smooth stop. I use whisper mode. Are they working on this problem?.
It seems like its car dependent. I've been complaining about this problem from day 1. Its pretty annoying. I think it has to do with the auto hold feature.

I have accepted that this is the way its going to be in my car.
Sponsored

Ned

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for ford
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It seems like its car dependent. I've been complaining about this problem from day 1. Its pretty annoying. I think it has to do with the auto hold feature.

I have accepted that this is the way its going to be in my car.
I want them to fix it. I have friends with Teslas that have no such problem.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, I have a tesla too, and no problems at all. At this point, I think Ford has their hands full with all the recalls. I have no hope that Ford will address it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Teslas don’t have blended braking. But yeah, there are plenty of other cars that do and blend much better than Fords do.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
After test driving seven different MME's with no brake issues whatsoever my 22' MME does have the abrupt stopping like described here and I have gotten accustomed to it especially in Engaged mode. My wife even noticed the abruptness of the braking since her 23' Nissan Leaf has a smooth even braking effort.
I spoke with the service manager at the Ford dealer and he actually took some time to research the issue and said it was "Most Likely" due to the new software and the pad material change initiated in late 2021.

Tony

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I spoke with the service manager at the Ford dealer and he actually took some time to research the issue and said it was "Most Likely" due to the new software and the pad material change initiated in late 2021.
I don't believe that it's a combination of both factors - what are the odds that braking would be fine with the new software, and fine with the new pads, but bad with both together? I also don't believe they're installing defective brake pads in thousands of cars.

I can easily believe that their braking software is deficient.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I don't believe that it's a combination of both factors - what are the odds that braking would be fine with the new software, and fine with the new pads, but bad with both together? I also don't believe they're installing defective brake pads in thousands of cars.

I can easily believe that their braking software is deficient.
I believe there was a recall or TSB about defective pads sometime last year and besides I quoted the service manager as saying "Most Likely", and like others who have dealt with service managers, you really can't belive everything they say.

Tony

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Is this braking issue across all MME, or only the GT? I've come to accept it, even though I don't like it. But its pretty embarrassing when you have passengers in the car and they assume that you don't know how to drive because of the jerkiness when coming to a full stop.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Teslas don’t have blended braking. But yeah, there are plenty of other cars that do and blend much better than Fords do.
I thought Tesla originally didn't, but some time within the last 2-3 years released a software update (or maybe just started with their new vehicles) to have blended braking. Looking it up online seems to support that but it's also not entirely clear... not sure if it's off by default and most Tesla drivers just aren't using it.

Is this braking issue across all MME, or only the GT? I've come to accept it, even though I don't like it. But its pretty embarrassing when you have passengers in the car and they assume that you don't know how to drive because of the jerkiness when coming to a full stop.
It's present on my Premium. I've started to get it down but I can only minimize the jerkiness of it, I can't totally prevent the car from having a slight jerkiness when stopping. If you really don't want to have it at all, enable one-pedal driving. The car is able to smoothly come to a stop on its own, which makes me think it's something more in the software and pedal mapping.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought Tesla originally didn't, but some time within the last 2-3 years released a software update (or maybe just started with their new vehicles) to have blended braking. Looking it up online seems to support that but it's also not entirely clear... not sure if it's off by default and most Tesla drivers just aren't using it.
Nope. Teslas still don’t have blended braking. Regen is only controlled through lifting off the accelerator, and the brake pedal only controls the friction brakes.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
for me 1 pedal is fine and is as expected for stops... on "normal" non 1p driving the braking is absolutely horrific, a good 20% of the press does nothing, then boom - that + coasting does like nothing to slow you down, it was my main reason to go 1p... that was when I took my car's delivery, in Sept? I have had 2 OTA updates since...haven't tried as I do not think them adding youtube or whatever was going to help my brakes.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I have the same issues (late '22 Premium) - some times.

It seems to almost always happen when creeping, like in a drive-thru, while if I'm coming to a stop from speed I'm much better at getting a completely smooth stop. I think it's me actually - I'm always in Engage, and I think at low speeds the regen doesn't slow the car as much as I expect, so I end up hitting the pedal right at the end and wham...embarrassing stop.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I believe there was a recall or TSB about defective pads sometime last year and besides I quoted the service manager as saying "Most Likely", and like others who have dealt with service managers, you really can't belive everything they say.

Tony
I'm not trying to argue with you. Just posting what I believe.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I have an '21 early Job 2 4XP and haven't noticed any abruptness on stop, however that may be because I use 1-pedal and generally either back off early enough that I'm likely feathering the throttle to stick the landing, or I'm late enough, that I'm hard on the brakes. This latter phenomena is courtesy of the local township that installed hair trigger loops on the cross streets of the main 50 mph drag out of town. You just get up to speed and wham 50 yards to reign it in.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Issue was present on my former '21 job 2 and current '22 Premium 4x.
Sponsored