Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Well, I cracked and because of the price reduction, changed my order from Premium AWD SR to ER, which now keeps me under the $55K max MSRP for the NJ Tax Rebate. I know I really don't NEED the extended range, except in a few circumstances, and we have an ice for those occasions. It might have been the slightly faster 0 - 60 performance, which I will probably never use, but, again, against all common sense, I went for it. There was something about the 220 mile range that bugged me, as it seemed to just to too low for a current EV, with cars like the Kia Niro beating it, etc. If I was going to have it for a number of years, I was a bit afraid it would seem outdated almost immediately. Fundamentally, I am weak and gave in to my more base instincts, rather than logic and/or real need.

I also changed the interior from the light gray to black. I initially chose it because I thought the lighter seats would absorb less heat in the summer. However, I just didn't quite like the aesthetics of the white and gray mixed interior. Also, I am not a real fan of Gray leather. Was also worried about how well it would age, showing more dirt, scuffs, etc.

But, 4.8 sec 0 to 60, now, that is something.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If I was going to have it for a number of years, I was a bit afraid it would seem outdated almost immediately. Fundamentally, I am weak and gave in to my more base instincts, rather than logic and/or real need.
I think you were being prudent. The standard range battery is definitely at the lower end of the acceptable range, and you made a good decision. I think that's one of the main reasons they dropped the price of the premium that much - they know the SR isn't competitive enough against the Y.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, I cracked and because of the price reduction, changed my order from Premium AWD SR to ER, which now keeps me under the $55K max MSRP for the NJ Tax Rebate. I know I really don't NEED the extended range, except in a few circumstances, and we have an ice for those occasions. It might have been the slightly faster 0 - 60 performance, which I will probably never use, but, again, against all common sense, I went for it. There was something about the 220 mile range that bugged me, as it seemed to just to too low for a current EV, with cars like the Kia Niro beating it, etc. If I was going to have it for a number of years, I was a bit afraid it would seem outdated almost immediately. Fundamentally, I am weak and gave in to my more base instincts, rather than logic and/or real need.

I also changed the interior from the light gray to black. I initially chose it because I thought the lighter seats would absorb less heat in the summer. However, I just didn't quite like the aesthetics of the white and gray mixed interior. Also, I am not a real fan of Gray leather. Was also worried about how well it would age, showing more dirt, scuffs, etc.

That describes my situation too. Logically the SR makes the most economic sense, especially since we'll also have a perfectly good Escape to continue to use for road trips. Just use the Escape for the long drives and the MME for most everything closer (which is 90% of our driving). But an inheritance came our way and we decided just to splurge. Basically I cracked too.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Well, I cracked and because of the price reduction, changed my order from Premium AWD SR to ER, which now keeps me under the $55K max MSRP for the NJ Tax Rebate.

Welcome to emotional buying. That is how I ended up a FE.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Me too . . . this experience has been like what I went through watching my Cleveland Browns play yesterday. But in the end, it was a W. Still hoping for that same experience here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have no doubt that emotional buying was a big consideration from most FE reservation holders from the launch event. I reserved one because I loved it and wanted one. If I were just thinking cost and need I would have either stuck with my Leaf or bought an eKona.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
that is how I ended up with a betamax, laser disc and HD DVD player.
Each of those emotional decisions put you closer to a better solution. And, you were able to enjoy each for a while, knowing you did not fear uncertainty. Maybe?

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Each of those emotional decisions put you closer to a better solution. And, you were able to enjoy each for a while, knowing you did not fear uncertainty. Maybe?
nope...VHS will never last cause it has two wheels, laser disc is here to stay cause you will never have anything with more space, HD dvd is going to win because it describes the media better than blu-ray. I mean come on

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I pulled the trigger this morning at my dealer and modified my Premium RWD ER order to a Premium AWD ER and added the interior protection package. So after the price drop, my "savings" are $60. ?

I don't think anything got messed up either. I instantly received an "It's yours..." email from Ford with my original order number and original 6/24/2020 order date. Fingers crossed it will hit production scheduling later this month.
Sponsored

Last edited: