available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Did you confirm that MSRP is the vehicle MSRP and does not include D&D? With D&D the MSRP is listed as $55,800
I was told in email that it doesn't include delivery, but looking more closely it says that msrp typically does not include delivery. moot point for me because premium rwd is now under all in. all details are on https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
$3200 if you like grabber blue but not PE free colors.
In total for you, but only because you're not electing to pay $400 for an upgrade color like you were going to.

The FE upgrade itself is still $3600. It just happens to include an extra color that might effect some people's color upgrade choice.

In my case, the red is still $400 extra either way.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
so, here's my greedy, never happy with anything question: is this the complete set of promised information for today, or are we going to get some other nice surprise as well? ?

what say you, @trutolife27 ? ?

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Sign O the times. This is only the beginning of market correction. Battery prices continue to fall. Everyone knows that EV prices are too high, once early adopters dry up a little, we'll see more incentives. This is the game that is played. Range anxiety barrier is gone, high cost barrier will soon be history. may be what EV segment needs for mass adoption. All-in-all, good news.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
great development and glad Ford is keeping competitive...something in 40s is even more attractive, now that Tesla reduced their prices.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Seems all FEs are showing the larger reduction, so guessing they screwed up and it will be fixed shortly, but I guess we'll know soon enough.
From your keyboard to Ford's price list.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Just a random, off-the-wall guess, but I wonder if the goal was to get the Premium AWD model just under $50k, and when you do that, you clearly have to lower the price of the other models to maintain price parity. If I remember correctly from the releases and stats, Premium AWD was the most popular offering. This aligns the Premium AWD much more competitively against the Model Y. As for GT and FE, well, it sounds bad to say this, but with those two models, it is implied that you are paying for the privilege so I can understand from a business perspective although I would not be extremely happy if I had one of those on order.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Range anxiety barrier is gone, high cost barrier will soon be history.
Range anxiety is anything but gone, but yes, it is shrinking. It is mostly gone for around-home use by people with home charging, but it's still very much there for long road trips at high speed. But getting better.

Cost barrier is shrinking too. Not sure cost parity is "soon" but I guess that just depends on the definition of soon.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I just am shaking my head . . . so happy to get my premium changed to a FE, to now find out instead of paying just 1,600 more . . . I am paying another $2,000 more after this. And doubtful I can go back to the premium that I ordered right at launch - I am guessing it would require a new order which would mean for sure no car in 2020. Ughh. Honestly, had I known this, I was willing to pay a bit more for the FE changes . . . but another $2,000??
You're still paying less than you originally planned so what's the problem?!?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That's what I was just thinking too. Not sure I want the Machdrop FE now, for an extra $2000 more. Have to let this one sink in and make a decision.
I am in that same boat. Part of the reason for changing my Premium to an FE through Machdrop was to get the car before the end of the year for tax credits. $1600 extra was reasonable for the extras that go with the FE. If the price difference is going to be $3600 then I'm probably better off waiting longer and getting the Premium. Fortunately the Premium is not yet canceled. It would be nice if the FE would show up in the orders with the pricing plainly displayed.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, he (and others of us) was originally going to get a Premium. But switched to an FE because it was only $1600 more, and included earlier delivery (we think). Now it's $3600 more than the Premiums we initially decided to get. Thus, problem. The minor differences aren't worth $3600.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Let me explain. I had a Premium reserved. One of the first in line. I made the decision to switch to a FE and pay a $1,600 difference for that trim. If you had told me on that day I made the switch that the FE trim was $3,600 more instead of $1,600 more I would NOT have made that switch. While I am paying less, I am paying a LOT more than I would have paid because of a decision made without that information.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Let me explain. I had a Premium reserved. One of the first in line. I made the decision to switch to a FE and pay a $1,600 difference for that trim. If you had told me on that day I made the switch that the FE trim was $3,600 more instead of $1,600 more I would NOT have made that switch. While I am paying less, I am paying a LOT more than I would have paid because of a decision made without that information.
True, but you still woke up this morning and found out your wallet won’t be quite as light after your purchase. It’s still good news. Could have been great news, but still good news. Just ask yourself, would you rather Ford reverse the price cut so you would pay more but would know you are not paying that much more compared to the Premium?
Sponsored