Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
No, it looks like they figured out mail merge this time. You should get one too.
Did you get two emails? I only got one that seems connected to the Premium order. I did the best I could confirming that I had a FE order in.

I just emailed my dealer and asked if he any info on the price reductions on the Premium or First Edition and he said, "We don’t have any of the price reduction info yet. "

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Crap, this is what I needed in July... now a Premium AWD extended range falls below the $55k threshold in NJ. Can I change my battery choice now?!
Yes!

"Can a customer change their order specs now that pricing has changed? Yes. Customers can change their order spec if they so choose – they may want to apply the price reduction to a larger battery, AWD or even a trim level change."

Attachments

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Do we know how many FE are being built? If it is still just 1,000 then I can really understand Ford not dropping the price by another $2,000 to match the Premium discount. It would be a $2,000,000 hit to sales.

It could be looked as Ford is now keeping the ADM to themselves.

I am going to keep my FE order.

Definitely keeping the FE order. I found Texas still has 1,187 openings for electric vehicle grants of $2,500. Paperwork has to be turned in by January 7, 2021. Kind of takes the some of the sting out.

Last edited:

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
There seems to be a disparity between base MSRP pricing for the FE from a low of $56,200 to mine of $59,400. I wonder if this is regional as I am in Washington, a strong EV market and seems like the lower priced ones are Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida?

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda CR-V
Country flag
Are all of the first edition sold out? I was thinking about switching from my GT order to the first edition just so I can get the tax credit this year

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Oddly enough last night the science channel reran the "brain games" episode where they talked about how movie theater popcorn is priced. When the small is $3 and the large is $7, everybody buys the small. But, when a medium is added at $6.50, everybody buys the large because it seems like such a "great deal".

Now that the premium is only $1500 more than the select with tech package, the premium is a much better deal than the select + package. I am guessing that is what Ford wants.

Unfortunately the FE doesn't seem like such a deal now. If you ordered an FE in the mach drop, my suggestion is to ignore the premium and be happy you are now going to pay $1000 less than you otherwise would have. Enjoy getting it this year so you'll get the $7500 a year early. Trying to change now will be an absolute cluster-of-firetrucks.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Are all of the first edition sold out? I was thinking about switching from my GT order to the first edition just so I can get the tax credit this year
officially they were sold out, then suddenly the Drop thing happened, and now they are sold out again. or something, I dunno, it got a little confusing to me in there.

there's of course people cancelling their orders but at some point, you'll have Ford ordering n First Edition nameplates etc., and that's going to be the high end. They don't have to use them all, though. So... ?‍♂

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Yes - cant switch online anyway - but perhaps your dealer may have some success if they contact Ford - we don't know how many of the additional MachE drop Fes are actually booked

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oddly enough last night the science channel reran the "brain games" episode where they talked about how movie theater popcorn is priced. When the small is $3 and the large is $7, everybody buys the small. But, when a medium is added at $6.50, everybody buys the large because it seems like such a "great deal".
I buy the large because it includes a free refill, which I do just as I'm leaving, then take home and use as a snack for the next 3 days or so.

this also makes the car smell like popcorn for a while, which is not necessarily bad. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You're about a month too late

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It's interesting what Ford has done and peoples' reactions from a human psychology point of view.

There is actually a known phenomenon of people being displeased about not getting as much as others, even when they are objectively getting a better deal than they had before. Basically, people would often prefer to be treated fairly and justly, to the point of giving up a financial benefit to keep everyone on an equal footing.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...703/wanting-less-so-long-others-dont-get-more
That article provides a good basic description of fairness/equity/social comparison factors as people evaluate their "deal in life." As someone with three degrees in psychology who has done both basic and applied research on these issues, I know how these can be very powerful factors for most people. People sometimes quit jobs after getting a big pay raise after learning that somebody else got a bigger pay raise. To be honest, when I first saw the differential price changes this morning, my first thought was "This looks a bit like a Psych 101 experiment--it would be interesting to study the reactions." Anecdotally, the mix of reactions expressed on this forum aligns pretty well with the extensive knowledge base from many empirical studies. Some people focus mostly on what they got (in this instance, the amount of their discount). Others focus on what they got and the perceived "fairness" of what they got compared to what others got. The research suggests that few people who get greater outcomes (e.g., a $3K discount) feel guilty that some others got lesser outcomes (e.g., a $1K discount) and even fewer will take action to change that situation by lobbying on behalf for those who got less or by sharing their greater outcome with those who got lesser outcomes. In fact, I have not yet seen expression of guilt in this thread from anyone who is getting a greater outcome. The research suggests that, if people feel strongly about the perceived unfairness of what they received, they will try to remedy the situation. Among the common methods for attempting a remedy: negotiate to also receive a greater outcome (many suggestions of this are expressed on this forum through requests for a bigger FE discount or to compensate FE buyers with more goodies); remove oneself from the situation (e.g., quit an unfair job or cancel an FE order); or attempt to sabotage the entity that was perceived to create the unfairness (e.g., steal from your employer, discourage others from buying a Ford). So, behavior expressed on this forum aligns pretty well with what we know about humans and human behavior.

A question: If a $3K price reduction had been provided for ALL versions of the Mach-E, would anyone be unhappy that the price reduction percentage was lowest for the FE and highest for the basic Select?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For everyone complaini g about the price drop. At least you got one. We still didn't get anything and we bought the same car at the same time.
sorry aboot that, eh.

seriously though yes it does suck that it appears other geographies are not seeing a drop. that's a very different problem than "my FE differential is now worse" and I wonder what exactly is up with that.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I buy the large because it includes a free refill, which I do just as I'm leaving, then take home and use as a snack for the next 3 days or so.
I bet you reuse the empty container, too :)
Sponsored