KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
So, the MME EX AWD is 18 hp less than the Model Y LR AWD and 39 more lb-ft of torque, or however than would be worded. MME is likely quicker of the line then, correct? MME has bigger battery, too. 99 kWh versus 75 kWh. I see a winner in the MME.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know enough about EV motors to know whether that means just a higher maximum output from the motor (with max power provided from the battery), or whether it means more output throughout the full range of battery power applied.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why can’t the full HP and torque figures be available in every drive mode. How much HP/ torque you experience would depend on how hard/far/fast you push on the go pedal.
presumably in whisper/engage it has less giddyup and thus applies power more gently than in unbridled. For that reason I would expect range to be higher in engaged but with less "effective" torque/hp

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't know enough about EV motors to know whether that means just a higher maximum output from the motor (with max power provided from the battery), or whether it means more output throughout the full range of battery power applied.
Higher torque output with no weight change = faster acceleration. Comparing against the Model Y, you would need to know the weight difference to predict which gets off the line quicker. Higher HP number includes RPM in the formula, so you can actually achieve higher HP rating without an increase in torque. However, these numbers indicate higher torque and higher HP, so more power throughout the range of the electric motor is a reasonable conclusion. Did they also report efficiency numbers (mpge, for example)? That would tell us something about the range. More power does not mean longer range unless you improve your pedal pushing performance.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Love that HP and Torque #s

Golfer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
So, the MME EX AWD is 18 hp less than the Model Y LR AWD and 39 more lb-ft of torque, or however than would be worded. MME is likely quicker of the line then, correct? MME has bigger battery, too. 99 kWh versus 75 kWh. I see a winner in the MME.
Yes and I can't wait to see how range matches up. Hopefully range gets bumped up too! But #'s are looking solid matched up so far! And it will still always look much better than the Y even if the range falls short a bit.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
im just a gal driving a Prius with 98 horsepower(go cart with 4 doors!) so imagine the excitement when I read 346 Hp on the AWD ER ...ohhhhh I see some fun coming my way!!!! ????
With all that extra HP dont open your doors while driving, you might take off

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
Higher torque output with no weight change = faster acceleration. Comparing against the Model Y, you would need to know the weight difference to predict which gets off the line quicker. Higher HP number includes RPM in the formula, so you can actually achieve higher HP rating without an increase in torque. However, these numbers indicate higher torque and higher HP, so more power throughout the range of the electric motor is a reasonable conclusion. Did they also report efficiency numbers (mpge, for example)? That would tell us something about the range. More power does not mean longer range unless you improve your pedal pushing performance.
According to the Dutch website EV-Database the Mustang AWD ER weight is 2250kg
The Tesla model Y long range performance is stated 2000kg there.
It also says that Tesla has an acceleration of 0-100km/h in 3.5sec.

Looks more or less accurate if I run these numbers on Google.
I would say the model Y will be still a bit to fast for the Pony.

Hank

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Niro EV
Country flag
So what?
I don't prefer the MME to beat a Tesla or any other car in acceleration or high speed, but to drive a different philosophy...:cool:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looks more or less accurate if I run these numbers on Google.
I would say the model Y will be still a bit to fast for the Pony.
You have to compare apples to apples - 3.5 seconds is for the performance Y. That car competes with the GT, whose target specs are comparable: mid 3 second range. The lower tiered model Y's will be comparable to the non-GT Mach-E's; until we have final and complete specs on the production Mach E we will not know how close they are.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Let me add one thing as someone who has driven a Model S for 2 1/2 years. It's not just the 0-60 times that's what's fun about driving a BEV. I am in a similar mindset as Tim, do we 'really' need this kind of acceleration. To me, the more important thing about driving a car like the S and I'm sure the ME, is the effortless acceleration on a day to day basis. Doing that with the instant torque and virtually no noise coming from the engine, to me, even after 2 1/2 years, is just a real kick.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would need to go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
It's fun! Need, no, want yes.

I'm a muscle car guy and love the thrill, handling etc. My 2000 Trans Am handles like a go cart.

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
You have to compare apples to apples - 3.5 seconds is for the performance Y. That car competes with the GT, whose target specs are comparable: mid 3 second range. The lower tiered model Y's will be comparable to the non-GT Mach-E's; until we have final and complete specs on the production Mach E we will not know how close they are.
Sounds about right how you put it there indeed. The non performance Tesla is in about 5.1 seconds to 100km/h, so that would be close to the above changed specs of the MME.
Just trying to find out if I should start the battle at a traffic light from end of this year onwards ;)

Either way, would not prefer a Tesla over the MME, the MME has the full package there.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's fun! Need, no, want yes.

I'm a muscle car guy and love the thrill, handling etc. My 2000 Trans Am handles like a go cart.
I get it. And if I were in my 20's instead of in my 60's now, I'd be more excited about that part too. "Need" probably didn't really grasp what I meant to convey. It's more "I don't envision a case where I'd ever actually do that". For me it would be complete overkill. (But I guess that's why I'm choosing a Premium instead of a GT. ;) ).
Sponsored