E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag

I get it. And if I were in my 20's instead of in my 60's now, I'd be more excited about that part too. "Need" probably didn't really grasp what I meant to conveyI. It's more "I don't envision a case where I'd ever actually do that". For me it would be complete overkill. (But I guess that's why I'm choosing a Premium instead of a GT. ;) ).
Not a matter of age. There's plenty of 20 somethings who also think 0-60 is not important either.

I'm over 60, my daily drivers are AMG V8s so that GT sprint to 0-60 is a big selling point to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would need to go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
Mustangs are muscle cars.

Per James May (formerly of Top Gear), the greatest muscle car America ever made is the Tesla P100D.

Right now, the best that Ford can do is the Mustang GT500 at 3.5s but I'm guessing the Mach-E GT will go even better.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I would assume range goes up a bit - but I am also excited that these published bumps - especially the kwH, helps with faster fast charging...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

I get it. And if I were in my 20's instead of in my 60's now, I'd be more excited about that part too. "Need" probably didn't really grasp what I meant to convey. It's more "I don't envision a case where I'd ever actually do that". For me it would be complete overkill. (But I guess that's why I'm choosing a Premium instead of a GT. ;) ).
I'm mid 30's. I don't get the obsession over 1 or 2 second differences. I think whichever model of this car you will get, it will be fast and it will be fun to drive. More than likely faster than what most are already driving, unless they are replacing a performance car of course.

The other thing that bothers me about that sort of acceleration is people using it in completely inappropriate areas that make it dangerous. I'm sure that's a minority though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would assume range goes up a bit - but I am also excited that these published bumps - especially the kwH, helps with faster fast charging...
Those kw numbers are the output of the electric motors, not the charging rate.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm mid 30's. I don't get the obsession over 1 or 2 second differences.
There's a pretty big difference in two seconds, especially as the numbers drop. So the 5.5s 0-60 of the Premium AWD vs. 3.5s of the GT Performance results in a difference of over 60% in G-forces felt by the driver.

That's huge, it's addictive and it's what makes the Mustang GT and Tesla Models 3/S the recommendation of choice by Consumer Reports for "Power Drivers".

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
There's a pretty big difference in two seconds, especially as the numbers drop. So the 5.5s 0-60 of the Premium AWD vs. 3.5s of the GT Performance results in a difference of over 60% in G-forces felt by the driver.

That's huge, it's addictive and it's what makes the Mustang GT and Tesla Models 3/S the recommendation of choice by Consumer Reports for "Power Drivers".
I've never had the bank budget to be able to compare the difference.

My magical hopes and dreams are that I will be able to test drive a Premium ER RWD and a Premium ER AWD and compare the difference. And that at least one will be Infinite Blue so I can see it in person, lol.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
Increase for all trims? What's about the GT?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Increase for all trims? What's about the GT?
Doubt they've made any GTs on the assembly line for testing yet. Remember, the GT is last off the block.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Uh, there's no figures on the Mach-E GT or Mach-E GT Performance Edition. The target on the GT was 459...any idea when Ford will get more specific on these two models?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Uh, there's no figures on the Mach-E GT or Mach-E GT Performance Edition. The target on the GT was 459...any idea when Ford will get more specific on these two models?
I think it’s because order banks for the regular versions are opening up next month. We won’t be placing GT orders until later this year. It’s a bummer though because while I am a GT reservation holder, I’d like to be able to compare specs across the board before making a final decision.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I've never had the bank budget to be able to compare the difference.
Think of it this way, at a stoplight with a 1 sec difference and both are Mach-E's, one will be ahead by around 5 car lengths (give or take) before the other by the time 60 mph hits.
Sponsored